Menu

So, if my dh likes Robert Ludlum and Tom Clancy

Punks in Ontario

Clive Cussler has a series of books called "The Oregon Files" which I really enjoyed.  The first two aren't as good, but the ones he co-authored with Jack Du Brul are really good.  (imo  :001_smile: )

I also second the Vince Flynn recommendation.  Oh, and Brad Thor!

I was going to say Vince Flynn, but I think you got that message. 

I also agree with the PP on Brad Thor.

I think part of what might change the recommendation is what your dad likes about those authors.  For example, Vince Flynn has a refreshingly conservative viewpoint.  Politicians are often but not always traitorous pond-scum.  But, otherwise it is like a Tom Clancy.  

In addition to Vince Flynn, he would most likely like William Coughlin - Shadow of a Doubt is the first one I think. They're legal thrillers based in Michigan. 

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Doubt-William-J-Coughlin/dp/B000N34B2M/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1404652210&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=william+coughlin+shadow+of+a+doubt

I really enjoyed 11/22/63 by Stephen King too. A bit intense for me at times (I'm a wimp with anything graphic or disturbing) but it was well worth the read.