Menu

Sorry, I just need to brag a little

Dory

My girly, who has been riding for a year now, entered her first horse show this year and won first in both her classes. I'm super proud of her. She did a few late nights and early mornings prepping. In her words, "This is the best day in the history of my life!!" I'm just really happy that she has found a spot in her little world where she can feel good about working hard for something even when it isn't completely perfect (because horses are NEVER completely perfect). Her perfectionism was really getting out of control. I cried that evening after seeing her so happy finally, and I am not a cryer. It's just such a big deal for us.

1520625_10202931472902076_19270003783807

10306755_10202931465701896_8257127988605

1559638_10202931637466190_25289615830352

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray: Great job!

BTW, what is she holding in the 1st pic?

She won a saddle bag and a grooming kit with brushes, combs, and hoof pick in the first class and she's holding that (with the ribbon) in her right hand. The other hand is holding the ribbon and money that she won in the second class.

She won money and stuff!! Sheesh they didn't have stuff like that when I rode back in the day! (Circa 1984 to 1991, Fromm 11yo to 19yo).

What classes did she win? Equitation? Pony hunter? So cute!

(I teared up over this! She's so cute and I'm remembering the ratcatcher and the pinstripe hunt coat (and showing in the blazing heat of summer in all those dark, hot clothes and not caring at all.) You can't beat the clothes. ;))

She won money and stuff!! Sheesh they didn't have stuff like that when I rode back in the day! (Circa 1984 to 1991, Fromm 11yo to 19yo).

What classes did she win? Equitation? Pony hunter? So cute!

(I teared up over this! She's so cute and I'm remembering the ratcatcher and the pinstripe hunt coat (and showing in the blazing heat of summer in all those dark, hot clothes and not caring at all.) You can't beat the clothes. ;))

Junior showmanship and English Equitation. She had her older cousin take the pony into the hunting classes this afternoon and they brought home three second places ribbons. She has only been riding for a year with a few months off this past winter so she wasn't ready for the hunter classes yet. I've been trying to get the older kids to ride the pony regularly for her though so that it doesn't get dull while she's learning.

I find it funny that you mention the hot jacket. It's been super cold here lately and everyone else was shivering while we watched her. She came out of the ring and says, "Can I take this jacket off now? I'm SOOOO hot!" She does love the clothes though. I think it makes her feel professional.

The companies around the area help support the show financially so they are able to give out some pretty nice prizes.

How charming she is. Congratulations! And that pony is just so snorglable.

I still have the Thelwell piggybank I won at a horse show in 1979. And as for the clothes...we girls took bribes from the boys to go to the convenience store and get them pantyhose to wear under their breeches so they wouldn't freeze (they refused to be seen buying them).

I'll bet your girl always remembers this day. And maybe for some weird reason you would never imagine. 

How charming she is. Congratulations! And that pony is just so snorglable.

I still have the Thelwell piggybank I won at a horse show in 1979. And as for the clothes...we girls took bribes from the boys to go to the convenience store and get them pantyhose to wear under their breeches so they wouldn't freeze (they refused to be seen buying them).

I'll bet your girl always remembers this day. And maybe for some weird reason you would never imagine. 

:lol: :lol: Pantyhose under their breeches?! I would've never thought of that for myself.