Menu

We got a trampoline...and I'm supposed to jump...but I'm SCARED!

Alenee

Seriously!  My kids have been begging for a trampoline for years but we couldn't afford it.  I honestly never thought we'd get one but our friends are moving and offered it to us.  The girls jump on our neighbor's trampoline but I have to look away while they do it.  These things scare me!  And somehow I agreed to jump with them once the net is up.  But I don't wannnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaa!  Wahahahaha!!!!!  Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Then don't jump.  Listen to your gut. It may not end well. 

Sorry, trampolines are not on my list of  fun things to do.

Ohhhh, come on, Tap!  I'm trying to be the fun mom who doesn't feel very fun at the moment!  You're not helping!  lol!

I love our tramp. We had it 2 years than had a long overseas stint. It came out of storage and my youngest is on it every day, flipping and doing all sorts of terribly dangerous stuff. It burns energy like nothing else, and for an add boy, is a lifesaver.

BUT- the reason I don't want to jump (and even when they were 5 and 2, long before flips or anything remotely dangerous) was because it makes me...pee. I cannot jump, it's true, because I will pee my pants.

I long to jump. It looks so fun. But no jumping for me.

And I totally thought that's what you would be saying when i opened this thread!

I love our tramp. We had it 2 years than had a long overseas stint. It came out of storage and my youngest is on it every day, flipping and doing all sorts of terribly dangerous stuff. It burns energy like nothing else, and for an add boy, is a lifesaver.

BUT- the reason I don't want to jump (and even when they were 5 and 2, long before flips or anything remotely dangerous) was because it makes me...pee. I cannot jump, it's true, because I will pee my pants.

And I totally thought that's what you would be saying when i opened this thread!

Wait!  You allow flips???  OH MY!!!!!!! 

No, mom can't jump because they have not yet invented the bOOkshelf strong enough to prevent her from losing an eye or perhaps knock herself unconscious from the rebound.  (I don't think that will work if you are less than a C cup. But, you could try!)

No, mom can't jump because they have not yet invented the bOOkshelf strong enough to prevent her from losing an eye or perhaps knock herself unconscious from the rebound.  (I don't think that will work if you are less than a C cup. But, you could try!)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:   Yeah, there were a few close calls out there tonight! :w00t:

In our old house I loved jumping on the trampoline - nothing fancy, just regular light bouncing alone on the trampoline. The feeling of weightlessness is very relaxing! In our current house the neighbours would be able to see me over the fence, so I've skipped the pleasure. When ds was much smaller and lighter I used to like lying on the trampoline while he bounced around me. It kept him busy for ages, and I could just lie there...

It's safer to allow one person to jump at a time. You can bounce on your knees to get the feel of it. I didn't care for jumping on ours. I don't like the feeling of losing control of my legs. But I only allowed one child on a time. And we had a high net around it it too.

As a trampoline challenged person. even as a teenager, I totally understand your concern.  But I am glad that you were willing to try and that you enjoyed it.  Trampolines are awesomely fun.

I do want to express a word of caution, though.  We have had so many friends whose children, even adult children, have been seriously injured on trampolines....and one adult female destroyed her knew so badly that 3 years later she still has issues.  There are valid reasons to be concerned.

I HATE trampolines.  I broke my leg in two places on one, and couldn't run for over a year.  And I didn't fall off or anything - it was a pressure break from being double bounced.

I still let my kids on them but... I've got no interest at all and won't go on one.

I was totally going to warn her also!  Anybody who's had more than 2 kids cannot jump on a trampoline without consequence!

Beth