Menu

Recipes with hot dogs

whitestavern

We purchased a half pig in the fall and have been very happy with all the cuts, except for the hot dogs.  They just don't taste very good.  I don't want to waste them, so I thought if I could find recipes that include hot dogs, that might mask the taste more than just eating the hot dog by itself on a bun.  Anyone have any good recipes they can share? 

I remember an issue of that Rachel Ray magazine that was full of hotdog recipes. You might see if there are any of those on her website.

I just remember looking at the magazine and thinking, "!??!?!?!?!?" But I don't like hotdogs, I only like a little hotdog  with my pile of chili, mustard, tomatoes, and onions.. :lol:

Split a hotdog and stuff it with mashed potatoes.  Top with cheese and put in oven til warmed thru and cheese is brown.

Treat it like bologna and grind it up or put in food processor with onion and pickles. Then add in mayo and serve on buns.  Or add grated cheese, put on open buns and broil. 

Add to mac n cheese. 

cut it up and put on pizza.  English muffins make great lunch size pizzas

Put in fry pan, brown and add sauerkraut.  Yum.

Split a hotdog and stuff it with mashed potatoes.  Top with cheese and put in oven til warmed thru and cheese is brown.

Treat it like bologna and grind it up or put in food processor with onion and pickles. Then add in mayo and serve on buns.  Or add grated cheese, put on open buns and broil. 

Add to mac n cheese. 

cut it up and put on pizza.  English muffins make great lunch size pizzas

Put in fry pan, brown and add sauerkraut.  Yum.

I have never heard of these things (except the man n cheese). People put bologna in the food processor?

I know in some cultures (Filipino for one) hotdogs and spaghetti are quite common.  

http://pinchofyum.com/filipino-spaghetti

My MIL used to make a version of this for her kids.  Long spaghetti with tomato soup, brown sugar and hot dogs.

I thought it tasted like spaghettios.  Not my favorite, but DH to this day loves it.  Not that I ever make it for him!

What is this? It's like deviled ham and pimento cheese had a demon baby. (honestly curious, lol!)

What is this? It's like deviled ham and pimento cheese had a demon baby. (honestly curious, lol!)

Oh my gosh, laughing out loud here.

I grew up on this, and i am so very not sure there is a name for it.  Deviled ham sandwiches probably, only my Mom used bologna.

She usually served it cold, no cheese.  Make the same thing, add cheese and broil it and you have a whole different sandwich.

I suppose you are looking for a recipe, and seriously, there probably is one, but it;'s not something I need a recipe to make. 

LOL

It sounds similar to something my grandmother made regularly with leftover ham.  Are you of French Canadian descent by any chance?

She is the only person I knew who made something like that.

No, not canadian. Grew up in Minnesota.  It was common to eat this.  It was served at a sandwich buffet at my brother's wedding.  He married a girl from Iowa.

I have never heard of these things (except the man n cheese). People put bologna in the food processor?

My mom would put it thru a meat grinder on her Kitchen Aid.  Food processor works in today's world where most folks don't have a meat grinder.

Pinterest says one can cut up hot dogs and drop them into corn muffins before you cook them.

I haven't tried this yet but I keep seeing people pin it. 

We've done this w/veggie dogs. It's an easy way to make something that tastes like corn dogs. I just use Jiffy cornbread mix and sometimes add in a bit of cheese. :)