Menu

Will I regret selling these? Trying to decide before local sale Friday.

Our local curriculum sale is Friday and there are some items I'm hesitating to part with. And they are not found easily second hand. We have finished with them, but will I go back and use any of them as reference? Or should I at least keep the mental math sheets? Any advice? Have you ever gone back and used these again? For what? The money gained is not a crucial factor. Just trying to declutter. But I will hate it if I need it again for reference! No other kids coming up that would use it.

Singapore 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B home instructors guides. (We are finishing up 4B)

WWE 1 and 2 instructors guide. (We are finishing up wwe3)

FLL 2 and 3 ( we do love the poems). (We are in FLL 4)

AAS 1, 2, 3 instructors guides (we are just about to finish 4)

Thanks.

I would keep them, if they don't take up much room.  I bought these cool plastic boxes with green snap handles at Walmart. They will hold a lot of flat books and workbooks and stack on each other. Of course, I am kind of a hoarder when it comes to books and school related items.

I would take them to the sale, especially since you say you have no other children coming up that might need them. If there are special poems in the FLL, make a copy of just those pages or look them up on the internet and copy them and place them in a binder. Do the same with the mental math worksheets if you want. Of course, I say this because I am at the stage in my life (I'm 51 with a 14 year old 9th grader still homeschooling) where I am de-cluttering all the older school stuff. It is so freeing!

I struggle with this, too - getting rid of something we "might" need later. My deciding factor is knowing that there are families who really would appreciate having the materials, and for whom getting them at a low price (or free) would be a huge blessing.

I have gone and pulled out earlier levels of AAS but everything in 1 is repeated in 2, so I would definitely sell level 1.

WWE and FLL I would definitely sell.

With math, I find it easier to pull out the "Math on Call" reference book if there's a question about how to do a particular thing.

I am a hoarder when it comes to homeschool stuff, thankfully DH doesn't mind since, comparatively, they don't take up much room. But home-school curriculum can be expensive to import, so being non-US, I find it useful to have stuff to show people, reference, loan out, etc etc. Having said that, if you have no up and coming students, and no intention of keeping things for others (since they're easier to get in the US quickly and cheaply) you probably should part with some of it. I would hold onto SM 3A and 3B for one more year, and possibly hold onto FLL for sentimental reasons. The rest you'll probably never look at for your own reasons again unless you have another student.