Menu

Mary Pride's son, Ted, has passed away :-(

Ellie

She announced it on Facebook this morning on her Practical Homeschooling page.

Our oldest son, Ted, just died. His lungs had been compromised for years, and it happened suddenly, within minutes. We will not be able to respond to private messages for a few days, so if you have questions, please post them directly on our Wall, where our Page Patrollers will try to answer them. If any of you are veteran homeschoolers and would like to visit the "Recent Posts by Others" area of our page and help with answering questions, we'd also appreciate that very much. It's a great solace to us to know that Ted is with Jesus, and we'd appreciate your prayers as we come to grips with this shockingly sudden rift in our lives. Thank you. -- The Pride Family

:crying: :crying: :crying:

So sad...I've never agreed with everything that Mary Pride promoted, but I will say that I enjoyed her books immensely. They are informative, challenging and, in my case, life-changing. My condolences to the Pride family. Praying for God's comfort during this time.

I just saw that on Facebook.  How incredibly sad for her family.  My thoughts and prayers will be with them.  Did he have cystic fibrosis or another chronic disease? Sounds like it was something they struggled with for a very long time. :(

So sad...I've never agreed with everything that Mary Pride promoted, but I will say that I enjoyed her books immensely. They are informative, challenging and, in my case, life-changing. My condolences to the Pride family. Praying for God's comfort during this time.

me too... but this is so sad.  How terrible to lose a child.

I remember one of her sons had a bad bout of pneumonia or some other bad lung infection many, many years ago (like 15-20).   It seemed like it took many many months for him to recover, IIRC.  I wonder if this is the same son.  I didn't really keep up with her so I don't know if the "infection" was actually dx as something more serious later on. 

Heartbreaking.

I don't agree with everything she wrote or did either but it's kind of hard to care when someone you know just lost a child. :(

My condolences and love to the Pride family.

I used to place my orders on the phone before I had internet and have fond memories of talking to her children, especially Magda.

I just saw that on Facebook.  How incredibly sad for her family.  My thoughts and prayers will be with them.  Did he have cystic fibrosis or another chronic disease? Sounds like it was something they struggled with for a very long time. :(

I believe I recall that he had severe scoliosis that caused compression of his lungs.

ETA:  Homeschool from a Hospital Bed