Menu

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

FaithManor

Is it possible to beat the crap out of the weather? Today was 49 and sunny. The ice is melting. Tomorrow it will be 20 and we will receive 1-4" of snow.

If you see on the news that some poor woman from Michigan was found sucking her thumb, curled up in the fetal position in the bottom of her bathroom closet, murmuring "Dear Lord let it stop" repeatedly, that would be moi.

I was in fear when I read winter storm (living so close to Minnesota, snow has become a very common enemy), so I rushed to check the weather.  While it will be colder, thankfully there will not be snow falling here tomorrow.  Yea!!!  (Sorry to those about to be slammed with up to 2 feet of snow...)

… If you see on the news that some poor woman from Michigan was found sucking her thumb, …

Just be sure you have something nice on your thumb before putting in your mouth. My choice would be Hershey's Chocolate syrup or peanut butter. Your choice may vary.

Is it possible to beat the crap out of the weather? Today was 49 and sunny. The ice is melting. Tomorrow it will be 20 and we will receive 1-4" of snow.

If you see on the news that some poor woman from Michigan was found sucking her thumb, curled up in the fetal position in the bottom of her bathroom closet, murmuring "Dear Lord let it stop" repeatedly, that would be moi.

Well make that two women, I do live in Michigan but I don't have a bathroom closet, I'll be in my bedroom closet with dd2

Today I stayed home from school and had an enjoyable time outdoors - cleaning the yard, walking, etc.  We were in the high 60s.  Tomorrow we start nice as the yucky stuff takes a little bit of time to get here.  Thursday I'm very happily going back to school when the high is 28.  It beats the closet for me.  Then we're back to 50s on Friday and Saturday (Friday I'm at school anyway...).  At least it's just one day of YUCK this time.

I feel for those further north - say - where my mom lives (also in the 18 inch range).  There's a reason I moved further south.  I like winter, but not endless winter.

Hey, you're not alone.  In fact, from where I'm sitting, you're getting off light....lol....

We have a winter storm warning in effect beginning tomorrow through Thursday.  We're supposed to get anywhere from 14"-18", (on top of the 2.5 feet we already have) plus wind gusts of up to 30 mph.  That means one thing to us...WHITE OUTS.  Today we warmed up to 38 degrees with some light flurries.  The temps during this storm are to be 5 above to the upper teens.  We are really going through the wood this year!  So, hang in there.  The grass isn't always greener on the other side....in fact, we can't find any grass, but the X-country skiing should be good :blush:

Today, I was outside with just a blouse on showing my 2 month old the world outside the cocoon of her infant carrier. I had high hopes that for this month's zoo class (Thurs) I would not be racing across the zoo grounds to get my ds to his class before my nose fell off. I had dreams of strolling around outside, enjoying some fresh air. But no, It will be 0 when we arrive and I will be holed up again in the aviary or reptile house sucking my thumb.

Well, I'm nursing myself through it! LOL :lol:

DH was on the road for a meeting at the Tech Center in Warren by 5:30 a.m. and I settled down to a nice, homemade mocha while ignoring the 3" of snow and continued snow fall outside. Since I mentioned Mona Lisa Smile on another thread, I am streaming it on Netflix and remembering why I am appalled...seriously, we give college credit for a class on "poise and how to cook for your husband's boss", and not showing up to class for three weeks because you're a too busy young married something! Oh, and the whole roll the wheel down the hill and the winner is the next to get married while all of the married girls push baby carriages...where is the gagging smilie?

OH MY GOSH I HATE THIS MOVIE, the nurse is subversive for handing out BC, but the Italian professor can boink his students and he's NOT. Yet, like a train wreck, I'm just gawking at this thing.

I am absolutely certain that if I had been a female of the 1950's I would have definitely been the "bohemian".

I also would not have passed the deportment, be the perfect wife, class. My pillow shams definitely do not match everything else in the bedroom. Not.even.close and dh knows better than to call at the last minute and bring someone home for dinner!  :D

I hear you!!!! It was over 50 yesterday here. It felt great. Now it's 30 and we are getting 8-12 inches of the white stuff.

We only got a couple of inches. 

With my glass half full attitude, it cleaned up the ugly snow banks and made them look pretty at least for a few hours.

With my glass half empty attitude, our garage roof is awaiting insurance adjusters opionion on what it will take to repair the broken rafters.  My poor DH is exhausted keeping snow off the roof in the mean time. Just let it be over please!

My family in Michigan is getting pummeled too. I feel so bad for my mom because all this cold and snow makes her arthritis more painful. My brothers are constantly trying to dig out of their own driveways so they can then go dig out my mother. It is awful.

Over here we are having the worst heat wave and drought in a very long time. It is "sweat rolling down your back" hot. Have you ever been so hot you get goosebumps on your arms? It hasn't rained in two months. Everything is dead. The grass is gone and even my bamboo tree has turned brown. Dust and haze everywhere. It's like the entire island is dehydrating and shrinking. It reminds me of a verse from Yeats where he describes the Sphinx as having "a gaze blank and pitiless as the sun."

I now know just how pitiless the sun is.

I'll give you some of our heat if I can have some of your precipitation! :)

we have a blizzard warning. An increase in wind speed of a few more miles an hour and it'll be officially a blizzard.

it is snowing 1 to 2 inches per hour at times.

I am so sorry! This feels like the winter that would never end. Narnia, before the queen is dethroned!

I greeted the children with Merry Christmas this morning!  We are decorating a mini tree, making maple syrup candy and making paper ornaments.

Maybe, just maybe, if we act like we actually want the snow, love the snow, need the snow.  The Elsa's heart will warm up and this stupid stuff will melt!!!!

Isn't it ironic that the winter the movie Frozen comes out, we are getting snow like this!

My family in Michigan is getting pummeled too. I feel so bad for my mom because all this cold and snow makes her arthritis more painful. My brothers are constantly trying to dig out of their own driveways so they can then go dig out my mother. It is awful.

Over here we are having the worst heat wave and drought in a very long time. It is "sweat rolling down your back" hot. Have you ever been so hot you get goosebumps on your arms? It hasn't rained in two months. Everything is dead. The grass is gone and even my bamboo tree has turned brown. Dust and haze everywhere. It's like the entire island is dehydrating and shrinking. It reminds me of a verse from Yeats where he describes the Sphinx as having "a gaze blank and pitiless as the sun."

I would gladly trade some with yu if I knew how!

I now know just how pitiless the sun is.

I'll give you some of our heat if I can have some of your precipitation! :)

They  upgraded us to 18+ inches.....not a big fan of open ended snow storms! And Jim Cantore is reporting for the weather channel about 45 min from me. Never a good sign when they choose to cover a big storm a couple towns over! (though he did just tweet a picture of himself snowboarding, so at least he's enjoying his assignment)