Menu

Help me diagnose myself

Scarlett

Ha. Yes I know I should go to the doctor and I will.

In the meantime I have this weird thing going on. A few times....maybe several times in the last few years......I will be bent over at the waist...for instance night before last I was sitting up in bed and leaning over toward my knees....when I get this sensation along the bottom of my right ribs that feels like a ball ( smaller than golf ball size) running through me. It is freaky and doesn't really hurt at first but it makes me straighten up to stop the sensation and then for a few days after it is really sore.

My first thought is gas....but it is so BIG feeling (relatively) and always in the same spot and then stays sore. :(

Any ideas?

Ok, I don't think I am explaining where it is.  My bottom rib, on the right side....just below that bottom rib is my intestines.  It is no where close to female parts...no where close to my lungs which I believe is where plerisy develops.  Who knows though I am not a doctor.

The thought popped into my head this morning that it is a hernia. 

Who knows.  Now, do I go to the doctor with no insurance or wait it out.  It has happened several times and the soreness goes away on its own.

Ok, I don't think I am explaining where it is.  My bottom rib, on the right side....just below that bottom rib is my intestines.  It is no where close to female parts...no where close to my lungs which I believe is where plerisy develops.  Who knows though I am not a doctor.

The thought popped into my head this morning that it is a hernia. 

Who knows.  Now, do I go to the doctor with no insurance or wait it out.  It has happened several times and the soreness goes away on its own.

I don't really know much at all about hernias, but when I first read your post I wondered if it might be one.

You could call into the season opener of that show with the medium and see if she could figure it out.

Just joking.

Hope you get it figured out.  That would scare me, but I'm the nervous sort.  

Alien infestation.

Ok, thanks you two for making me LOL. 

Does it feel sort of like a charley horse below your ribs? I get those in about the same place when I bend over sometimes.

Yes, sort of....AND it is sore like a charley horse is afterwards.....but honestly it feels sort of like an alien too.

I also  get a weird painful-ish muscle cramp sensation right below my ribs sometimes when I bend over... It's worrying only for that minute and then it passes. Let us know if it turns out to be parasitic alien infestation because I may be suffering too.

You guys have just made my night.  I have decided to ignore it until and unless an alien pops out of my gut.

If it does, please keep it to yourself.

I know I usually ask to see pictures of people's "new arrivals," but in this case... :ack2:

Seriously, though, I hope you figure out what's going on. I'm sure it's nothing serious, but I hate weird symptoms because I always start imagining something horrific... and then it turns out to be gas pains and I feel like a complete idiot.

Ok, I don't think I am explaining where it is

Who knows. Now, do I go to the doctor with no insurance or wait it out. It has happened several times and the soreness goes away on its own.

No, you've explained it well, but maybe I didn't make the best guesses. Endometrial adhesions can attach to the intestines, but if you had endo that severe you'd probably have other symptoms, too. I have known pleurisy to feel like it's "attached" to the rib cage, but that would usually flare after a respiratory infection.

If I had something for several years with no worsening of symptoms, and it rarely bothered me and always went away by itself, I wouldn't be too inclined to worry about it. Most people have little idiosyncratic things like that. However, if it is going to cause you anxiety, it would seem well worth the money to get it checked out.

What does your husband say?

Oh wait, you can't decide to ignore it until I have a crack at it!

So, you get the sensation of something moving through you when you bend over. Can you put your hand on the pkace when you get this sensation to feel what's going on?

Well, sort of.  I gasp and sit up straight to stop the movement.  I feel nothing after that point.  Except soreness. The reason hernia came to my mind is it feels likes something 'rolling' through my gut.  Over a 4 inch span. 

Have you ever seen a kid 'roll' his stomach to make it look like it is moving?  It feels like a small version of that.  But sideways just under my ribs.

No, you've explained it well, but maybe I didn't make the best guesses. Endometrial adhesions can attach to the intestines, but if you had endo that severe you'd probably have other symptoms, too. I have known pleurisy to feel like it's "attached" to the rib cage, but that would usually flare after a respiratory infection.

If I had something for several years with no worsening of symptoms, and it rarely bothered me and always went away by itself, I wouldn't be too inclined to worry about it. Most people have little idiosyncratic things like that. However, if it is going to cause you anxiety, it would seem well worth the money to get it checked out.

What does your husband say?

I am inclined to agree with you.  I am probably only freaking out about it because my friend (who was 7 years younger than me) just dropped dead from a tumor on his colon and because I have no health insurance. 

My husband does not have near the information you all have. 

My advice is to google "right upper quadrant," and try to visualize where the organs are in that area, and perhaps the organs just below. The act of leaning forward could pinch or put pressure on an internal body part.

When it is sore for a few days, is it sore all the time, or only with movement?

If it continues to bother you, then you might consider going to the doctor about it.

I am sorry your friend died. :grouphug:

Well, sort of.  I gasp and sit up straight to stop the movement.  I feel nothing after that point.  Except soreness. The reason hernia came to my mind is it feels likes something 'rolling' through my gut.  Over a 4 inch span. 

Have you ever seen a kid 'roll' his stomach to make it look like it is moving?  It feels like a small version of that.  But sideways just under my ribs.

I get this too. It feels like my intestines/organs (what ever is in that area)  flipped over. It literally takes my breath away for a second. I sit up, don't move and it goes away.