Menu

CDs for Toddlers

medawyn

Kenny Loggins' Return to Pooh Corner is my favorite for sleepy time. We have various Disney Classics CDs that are good (tunes from the movies). We have all four volumes of Disney's Children's Favorite Songs and they're all good. Nice-voiced male adult singer, classic "folk" type songs you might want your kids exposed to anyway (Take Me Out to the Ball Game, Waltzing Matilda, Oh My Darling Clementine, etc):

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Records-Childrens-Favorite-Songs/dp/B00000HG4G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1388558222&sr=8-4&keywords=disney+children%27s+favorite+songs

Raffi was popular too. We always picked music my disabled dd liked, and she liked some adult music from a pretty early age--Diana Krall, show tunes like Sound of Music, Nat King Cole, etc.

Thanks, all!  If we ever get a nap time around here, I'm going to enjoy spending time previewing some new music.

My son loves it and I don't want to stab anyone while listening to it. That's what I call kid CD success around here!

This is more or less my definition of success, too.  A few more options will also help!

I second Elizabeth Mitchell's CDs. You are My Little Bird, You are My Sunshine, and You are my Flower. They are all delightful . . . I could never choose a favorite. They are my go to toddler gift. My near nine year old and I still love to listen to them.