Menu

Anyone else with crappy weather?

MomtoCandJ

We've got a winter storm watch that could turn into an ice storm warning. I'm in VT. Right now it looks like the worst of the ice will be north of us, closer to the Canadian border, but we could still get up to an inch which would be pretty bad. Fingers crossed that we stay warm enough for just rain.

We had freezing rain today and over 300 school districts were closed---basically everyone. Still getting a bit of freezing rain. They said tomorrow during the day should be OK but then tomorrow night another 1/2-3/4 inch of freezing rain possible and then 5-10 inches on top of that. YUCK.

We would be much better off with 15 inches of plain snow than the freezing rain.

We've got a winter storm watch that could turn into an ice storm warning. I'm in VT. Right now it looks like the worst of the ice will be north of us, closer to the Canadian border, but we could still get up to an inch which would be pretty bad. Fingers crossed that we stay warm enough for just rain.

Yup, that is the one supposedly heading my way.  This is after getting 14 inches of snow dumped on us Sunday.

Yes, but not in the way I think you mean.  For eleven straight days we have had weak sunshine and not a breath of breeze or rain.  This has meant an unprecedented eleven straight "spare the air" days.  These are days where the pollution index is so high that it is illegal to burn wood in your fireplace, young children, elderly people and those with respiratory issues are cautioned to stay indoors and schools often do not allow outside recess.  It smelled like burning chemicals when you step outside your door.  We had our regular activities to walk to & I have developed a lovely respiratory infection.  My very active son wore a N95 particulate mask to play outside and when he came back in there were dirty yellow ovals on the outside of the mask where his nostrils were covered.

Today the wind picked up, it drizzled in a couple areas around the Bay Area and we are having a much better day today.  We even went to the park.

Amber in SJ

I'd be happy for some nice winter weather. It's perpetually in the upper 70s and nearly constantly sunny here. I'll take anyone's rain, snow, sleet, lack of sunlight, or anything else you don't want. I'd love to hole up at home with some Christmas music, hot chocolate, and the heat on while it snows outside. Mexico is not for me weather-wise (although it's perfect in just about every other way, so I'll stay here).