Menu

How do I change my "Just Visiting" status?

Spring Flower

:lurk5:   Maybe some popcorn also!    My college student is home now!  She is only about 40 minutes away but this will be her first time for an extended time (more than a weekend or so) since she left for college.  I know have a lot of laundry to do!  It is fun to hear her working on a gingerbread house with her sisters.  They are glad to have her home!

You can get your post count up by adding witty, semi-helpful little comments to non-controversial threads. 

Then, when people "like" your post, you get points on your profile in the green rectangle.

Then, when you really want to unload in a controversial thread, you won't be dismissed as a total newbie.

At least, that's what some people do.   

:D

Welcome to the hive!

Welcome to WTM! It's a great forum with a lot of smart, funny people.

My profile still says "0 warning points" after almost 800 posts. I don't know how to get rid of it, but it's a good thing not to have any warnings so I haven't tried very hard to remove it. :o

Only *you* see the warning points thing. Everyone sees it on their own profile and doesn't see it on anyone else's profile.

To change your title (in general)? You click on your name up at the top, when you get the drop-down menu, click on "my profile." When your profile opens, you'll see a large box with your user name. Just above that and all the way to the right, you'll see "edit my profile," click on that. You can edit your member title there (I'm just not sure if there is a minimum post count in order to do this).

I have a little photo now! This is of my first horse I bought as an adult. He is now semi-retired because he has some arthritis but he still has a lot of get up and go once he gets going! We have enough other horses to ride that usually he gets to stay home with the pony.

I don't see a photo.

Only *you* see the warning points thing. Everyone sees it on their own profile and doesn't see it on anyone else's profile. To change your title (in general)? You click on your name up at the top, when you get the drop-down menu, click on "my profile." When you profile opens, you'll see a large box with your user name. Just above that and all the way to the right, you'll see "edit my profile," click on that. You can edit your member title there (I'm just not sure if there is a minimum post count in order to do this).

Thank you! :)

I don't see a photo.

Yeah, I don't see your photo.

I have thought about updating my avi, but I'm scared I'll do it wrong and then have no photo and just be the Blue Screen of Oblivion. 

I have a little photo now!  This is of my first horse I bought as an adult.  He is now semi-retired because he has some arthritis but he still has a lot of get up and go once he gets going!  We have enough other horses to ride that usually he gets to stay home with the pony.

He is a very handsome fellow!

OK, so my post count isn't going up???  What???

every time you post, your count will go up on all of your previous posts as well.  iow: the posts are linked.  (and if a thread get's deleted, any posts you made on that thread will be deducted.)

You can get your post count up by adding witty, semi-helpful little comments to non-controversial threads.

Then, when people "like" your post, you get points on your profile in the green rectangle.

Then, when you really want to unload in a controversial thread, you won't be dismissed as a total newbie.

Welcome to the hive!

This post made me go look at my profile, and I saw that I only have three out of five stars. What's that about? :(

Welcome to the hive!

I don't plan on jumping into any controversial threads anytime soon!

I don't plan on jumping into any controversial threads anytime soon!

Awww... You gotta jump in on at least one of those. If nothing else, just to post odd pictures to diffuse the tension. Besides, I'm pretty sure my kids appreciate me taking my argumentative side out online instead of with them. lol.

Awww... You gotta jump in on at least one of those. If nothing else, just to post odd pictures to diffuse the tension. Besides, I'm pretty sure my kids appreciate me taking my argumentative side out online instead of with them. lol.

Here is a second attempt at posting a picture. These were some cupcakes I made for a Halloween party.

Welcome to the hive!

Oops, I'm busted, except for the "witty" part. :o And, I generally avoid posting on the controversial threads.