Menu

What foundation do you love?

I have oily skin and by noon, most foundations feel like a film on my face. This is the main reason I do not wear make-up. If I don't use foundation, whatever blush I use turns bright from the grease. And gets sorta cakey too.

ideas? suggestions? I'd prefer something that doesn't cost a fortune, but that's not out of the question.

Okay, got some good names, now....where does one buy these? I cannot imagine getting a foundation off of the internet. I am a BIG internet shopper. But I do beleive there are still a few things that you just CANNOT do online :001_smile:

I know that Mac has a store in our mall. With rather, um, unusual looking employees. Okay, who am I kidding. The guy that works there wears more make-up than Boy George. :rolleyes: But where do the others come from?

Thanks!

I have oily skin and by noon, most foundations feel like a film on my face. This is the main reason I do not wear make-up. If I don't use foundation, whatever blush I use turns bright from the grease. And gets sorta cakey too.

ideas? suggestions? I'd prefer something that doesn't cost a fortune, but that's not out of the question.

Visit http://www.corycosmetics.com and click on the mineral makeup link.

To help with super oily skin, believe it or not you can use chafing gel as a primer. I do it, and it works very well. I use mineral foundation, applied with a good makeup brush. I also use a mineral veil finishing powder.

Cin,

I have the same type of skin that you described and I live in the Florida Panhandle. It just can't get any hotter or humid IMHO. Anyhow, I discovered MAC's Studio Fix a while ago and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It's a powder foundation which goes on well with a brush and no, you will not look like the Boy George wannabe at the sales counter. Actually, ask George to make you over and tell him how much coverage you really want--Studio Fix can go from sheer to full easily depending on how much you put on the brush. Inch on up there, Girl...don't be shy! I've actually found the best make-up advice from all the MAC counters I've visited. Once you get the right shade (or shades, if you're like me and get darker over the summer) you can purchase online.

I've tried Bare Escentuals and after all was said and done, I actually paid more and found it messier to use. All their stuff came in loose powder formulas and no matter how hard I tried to like it, I just didn't get the results I wanted. It's supposed to be derived from natural ingredients but I actually break out EVERY TIME I used it. Also, I'm not sure if it was the eye shadow, foundation, or mineral veil I was using (all Bare Escentuals), but my eyes would STING whenever I wore it. I just found it not worth the money. If you do decide to try it, I highly suggest you buy their trial size kits first.

--Mari

I also love Bare Minerals. It's best to go to a Bare Minerals store or Sephora the first time so you can make sure you get exactly the right shade. Also they teach you how to use it correctly! I have been using it for about 3 years. It is a little pricey, but the foundation will last a really long time!! A little goes a long way.

I can't believe I like it so much, but E.L.F.'s pressed powder for $1. LOL I always use mineral makeup (not BE, a few other brands) and I ran out. The E.L.F. stuff goes fast, but I can buy 5 compacts at once and the tone just happens to be perfect for me. When my skin isn't oily (winter), I use Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse underneath. Light and good coverage. (But maybe not the best for really oily skin...)

Cin,

Another thing to consider is what cleansing routine you follow. Finding one specifically for your skin type might help with the shine and color problems you wrote about. I use Clinique's 3 step products for combination to oily skin (level #3 in the colder months, level #4 in the warmer ones) and I find good results along with the Studio Fix. I rarely have to touch up and when I do, I usually just use Clinique's blotting papers (I think MAC has some, too).

--Mari

Everyday Minerals

I have oily skin as well and hate liquid foundation now. I do sometimes use a blotting paper on my face and reapply powder before going out late in the day. I also have a reddish face, so I apply greenish powder and blotting is good to do before applying more makeup.

Everyday Minerals has inexpensive shipping, and you can buy a trial kit with 3 foundations, 1 concealer and 1 blush for just shipping. The trial sizes last about a month, depending.

Oh, and I buy the matte.

Oh, I also just wanted to mention that the other reason I love Everyday Minerals is that I finally found a shade light enough for me. I buy the Buff Fair Neutral -- the lightest shade they sell. Drug store brands never have a shade light enough for me -- not even L'oreal's lightest, though it does come close.

The other thing I like about this company is you can order another free trial kit everytime you place an order. I just placed an order for a full size canister of foundation and ordered another trial size set of (3) foundations (2) in the same shade as the large ones -- these are great as travel size and (1) in the same shade but more intense just in case I need something heavier. I also was able to try another blush shade and bought another trial size of green powder, which tones down my reddish complextion.

Shipping was only $3.26 and the full size foundation was only $12.

Free samples you can order on-line. Makeup made in the USA:001_smile: I've been using this all year and now wear makeup everyday. Try the matte or original. They feel very light and are great on oily prone skin. I use matte here in the summer and original the rest of the year. They have blush, and shadow too and will walk you through the color matching.

hth

https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=32