Menu

Are there any VIOLIN players this cool? I need links!

MomOfOneFunOne

AMDG

My daughter's favorite boy band is The Piano Guys (thank goodness!!!).  Her/our favorites:

She finds this music so inspiring b/c it is at once good, fun music and played with fun, joy, and enthusiasm.  

My question for you: can you point me to a person or group who plays the violin with such joie de vivre?

Love the piano guys, too. Lindsay Stirling is the violinist in the Mission Impossible video - we really enjoy her videos, especially her collaborations with Peter Hollens (vocalist).

Also the violinist from Celtic Woman is fun to watch and listen to. Vanessa Mae has some enjoyable arrangements as well.

Lindsey Sterling is the girl who does Mission Impossible with the Piano Guys. My daughter loves her!

She has tons of stuff on You Tube.

Those are just two of many....

My 8 year old is learning to play the cello because of the piano guys. Huge fans in this house! :-)

Not sure you want to go here with daughter, but I'm with Jean in Newcastle.  David Garrett is the REAL DEAL as far as being an accomplished musician, and even though you may think "he's a pretty face and he knows it," he really is a genuinely nice and likeable guy.  (Interviews, one in particular on BBC, show that.) 

Many of the songs you listed are on YouTube, and he does both classical and rock-violin, depending on what you are looking for.  He's back to classical a the moment. 

How about Barrage?

Oh, and I've only clicked on your first link so far, but are there any Guys playing the Piano in the Piano Guys?  I saw lots of cellos, then lots of other instruments, played by members of both sexes, but the lone piano stood empty... I'm confused. :tongue_smilie:

Yes.  There is a piano guy in a lot of the songs.  The cello guy does have a few that he is soloing in.

Kishi Bashi.  His style is very unique, but he is very talented and entertaining.  He is known for layering and looping on the spot, which results in some really unique-sounding music.

I don't know how to post those links without the big video picture showing up!  Sorry!