"Spooky" movies for family viewing.

Onceuponatime

We love to watch movies in October.  Our favorites are:

Ghostbusters

Corpse Bride

Curse of the Wererabbit

Hocus Pocus

Adams Family

Most are kids movies but DH and I still enjoy them.

What? What? You're talking about spooky movies and there's no mention of Vincent Price? If you happen to have cable, and your cable coverage includes Turner Classics, you can choose from 35 Vincent Price movies this month:

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/650759|0/Vincent-Price-Thursdays-in-October.html

I have always loved Vincent Price...he was my first introduction to "scary" movies as a kid.

trying to remember if Beetlejuice would be ok for kids.  I think it would (have not seen it in years) but you might want to check it out.

Stars Michael Keaton  also a quite young Winona Ryder and a slim Alec Baldwin

Depends on the age of the kids.  I remember a lot of lewd and highly sexual remarks in the movie. 

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken

Aw! I love this movie, I used to watch it with my mom as a kid. I don't know any other spooky movies, because I am a scaredy-cat!

Any of the Abbott and Costello meets...(Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.)

Monster House

Haunted Mansion

Spooky Buddies

The Witches

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Watcher in the Woods

Gremlins

One that I really like is Lady in White.  There are a few scenes that may be too intense for younger kids, but overall story is good.

We're Walking Dead fans, so our taste in horror movies is more than G rated. 

Depends on the age of the kids. I remember a lot of lewd and highly sexual remarks in the movie.

It's not that bad. There's a brief shot of a model railway sized whorehouse with Beetlejuice out front. Some of the characters in the waiting room might be too much for very sensitive kids. I let my (then) 10yo see it. I'll never be able to see it again without seeing Robin Thicke though... darn you, Internet meme.