Menu

Underoos, s/o I hate back to school commercials...

Elfknitter.#

I know what underoos are. By the time they came out I was too old. My mom would have deemed them too expensive. The most adventurous underpants I had had the days of the week printed on them.

I would have liked Wonder Woman. Most definitely.

Yup, me too. My little brother got a set of underroos. I don't even think the girl ones were available at the time. I did have my days of the week panties. Loved them.

Fruit of the loom still makes underoos for kids, or at least they did a couple of years ago. My boys have several sets that their grandma bought them. The boys sets came with boxer briefs. My oldest son loves his superman set. I grew up really poor, and was totally unaware of them, and lots of other pop culture things, but I guess my mother remembered the marketing for them.

My dd is extremely happy with the Wonder Woman bra she got at Hot Topic. She had to buy one with a band 4 sizes too big to get a cup her size and then she altered the band to make it fit. She wants to get a Batman bra also along with the matching underwear. She already has superhero socks and quite a few superhero tshirts. She is currently working on a Red Hood costume for ComicCon. She was trying to make a Stephanie Brown Batgirl costume, but it got way too complicated, so she searched for something easier.

Ha! Another Wonder Woman Underoo wearer here!

When I first saw the thread title, I thought "Wow, they are making Underoos again?!", but then I read some of the replies and see that they are still out there. I guess they were brought back after my own kids were too old for them, as I never saw any while shopping for them.

I wonder if dd would be interested in going bra shopping at Hot Topic? I  couldn't wear them, but she might like them. Hmm.....

My dd is extremely happy with the Wonder Woman bra she got at Hot Topic. She had to buy one with a band 4 sizes too big to get a cup her size and then she altered the band to make it fit. She wants to get a Batman bra also along with the matching underwear. She already has superhero socks and quite a few superhero tshirts. She is currently working on a Red Hood costume for ComicCon. She was trying to make a Stephanie Brown Batgirl costume, but it got way too complicated, so she searched for something easier.

My dd has Spiderman underpants from Target.  She also has someone else, but I forget who -- possibly Wonder Woman.  They had Batman, but she wasn't interested in those.

I think those willing to shop around can eventually find these things.  Plus plenty of women make their own bras, camisoles, and panties, so there's really no excuse for a lack of crazy underthings in your life, assuming that's something you feel a need to own.  

We had a foster boy that LIVED in his Batman underoos.  He LOVED Batman and pretended all of the time that he WAS Batman as no one could hurt Batman...........people hurt him as a little boy but no one could hurt him if he was Batman.  He was with us from ages 4 1/2-5 1/2.  It honestly took him 10 months or so to feel safe.

The little guy would wear his Batman underoos to school under his clothes---so he was still batman, just in disguise.  Then as soon as he got home he would put on his batman PJs or T shirt, etc. and his batman cape his aunt (who loved him dearly but couldn't take him) made him.  He had black rubber boots to complete the outfit.

He will be 18 on Tuesday and we still miss him.

We had a foster boy that LIVED in his Batman underoos. He LOVED Batman and pretended all of the time that he WAS Batman as no one could hurt Batman...........people hurt him as a little boy but no one could hurt him if he was Batman. He was with us from ages 4 1/2-5 1/2. It honestly took him 10 months or so to feel safe.

The little guy would wear his Batman underoos to school under his clothes---so he was still batman, just in disguise. Then as soon as he got home he would put on his batman PJs or T shirt, etc. and his batman cape his aunt (who loved him dearly but couldn't take him) made him. He had black rubber boots to complete the outfit.

A younger boy on our school bus route pretended to be Batman all the time. He would point his wrist at someone and say, "Web, web, web, web!" I don't know if he had Underoos.

We had a foster boy that LIVED in his Batman underoos. He LOVED Batman and pretended all of the time that he WAS Batman as no one could hurt Batman...........people hurt him as a little boy but no one could hurt him if he was Batman. He was with us from ages 4 1/2-5 1/2. It honestly took him 10 months or so to feel safe.

The little guy would wear his Batman underoos to school under his clothes---so he was still batman, just in disguise. Then as soon as he got home he would put on his batman PJs or T shirt, etc. and his batman cape his aunt (who loved him dearly but couldn't take him) made him. He had black rubber boots to complete the outfit.

This made me tear up a little.