Menu

I need to laugh

scrapbookbuzz

My college professor, anti-homeschooling, PhD carrying older sister brings her public schooled kid to our place for summer vacations so that her daughter can learn how to socialize in a positive way with her peers and different aged kids. Evidently kids don't learn that in public school.   :lol:

So my 21 yr. old dd was at the store with her boyfriend. She was looking at some type of minor alcoholic beverage that was 8% alcohol. The can was small. Next to it was a larger size but still said 8%. She was confused why the alcohol percentage wasn't doubled because the size of the drink was doubled. Her boyfriend was clueless what she was talking about at first. She kept on though because it wasn't making sense to her. Finally, he realized what she was saying and started laughing at her. And finally the light dawned on her about what she was saying. She said that was worse than her Payless incident.

So, what was the Payless incident? It's a shoe store called Payless. One day, out of the blue, she got so animated and said 'Hey, Payless means you pay less!'

I swear, this is an intelligent girl who just has her duh moments. Bless her heart. :)  I guess I'll admit she gets this from me.

This has some language in it but makes me LOL:

http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

And the thread about service animals cracked me up. I can't remember the title or OP, but the first post was about someone letting their dog eat from their plate while perched atop a restaurant table.

Also, for some good, clean humor search for Brian Regan vids on youtube.

ETA: Here's the thread about service animals:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/484378-rant-pets-where-they-ought-not-be/page-2?hl=%2Banimals&do=findComment&comment=5141079

Warning, talks about pee:

We all know the old adage "never pee into the wind," but there are some additional, quality, "how to" ideas about peeing that are not, apparently, self-evident. For those times, here are:

15 Rules for Peeing: A Primer for Kids

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/beth-woolsey/15-rules-for-peeing-a-primer-for-kids_b_3685475.html

I swear, this is an intelligent girl who just has her duh moments. Bless her heart. :)  I guess I'll admit she gets this from me.

I had a long drawn out D'uh momment.

I was in highschool. I couldn't figure out whey the local donut shop was called, "Gopher donuts". Couldn't figure out why they didn't pick a different cuter animal. 

Oh, Julie! You crack me up!

I had even asked someone (more then once I think) and they just said, "You know G-o-p-h-e-r Donuts".

I just thought they were a little odd for saying it slower.

Me: I know it's gopher donuts, but why?

---

I thought of another one. WHen Pasion of the Christ was first out someone on this message board said something about the book it's based on. I thought and typed in a question, "OH, I didn't know it was based on a book, what book?" Happily I didn't click "post".

To my defense I wasn't thinking of the bible. I was picturing something more like a novel. The type that someone might oneday write based on the movie.

I had a long drawn out D'uh momment.

I was in highschool. I couldn't figure out whey the local donut shop was called, "Gopher donuts". Couldn't figure out why they didn't pick a different cuter animal. 

Millions of British people would disagree with you about gopher's not being cute. For several years the anchor person for children's BBC had a gopher puppet as his costar.

article-1229019-0744c6d3000005dc-112_468

Millions of British people would disagree with you about gopher's not being cute. For several years the anchor person for children's BBC had a gopher puppet as his costar.

For some reason this is reminding me of a cheesy french educational show made in quebec starting a .... talking pineapple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7pR6rpGzow

Here's a Duh moment for you.

"Smooth move, Ex-lax." An advertising slogan turned popular phrase in our house whenever someone had a less than graceful moment. Ie: when I scratched the whole side of my Dad's truck/ ripped the running board off making a too sharp turn.

Anyway, I was probably about 25, or so, before the REAL meaning of that phrase dawned on me. :D and yes, I knew the product/ purpose of Ex-lax for probably forever before that. LOL

This isn't funny, per se, but it is adorable. http://www.godvine.c...rable-3747.html

Little Emma broke my heart with her cuteness and love for daddy.

I really wish someone'd message her daddy and tell him to fix her carseat though!

Love the snail and turtle :)

And I'm regularly clueless about things (including the issue with the mustache <sigh>).