Menu

Blog Roll Call

My blog is The Planted Trees. I blog about homeschooling, family, and food. We are making an effort this school year to be very-CM in our school approach and leaving behind the boxed curriculum. :willy_nilly:  I'm a little nervous about it!  I will have a 4th grader, 1st grader, and a 3-turning-4-in-March this year.

Some of my most popular posts are linked in my siggy.

I blog at Brooketopia, which is mostly an online journal of our homeschooling adventures.  I try really hard to post a weekly report each week, and I sometimes will do Wordless Wednesdays.  I really love photography and color, so I try to include a lot of colorful photos, unless I'm in an essay-writing mood.

I'm much aligned with TWTM method of education, and we also do a lot of Juliette Girl Scouting and nature walks.  I am not a tutorial or workpage kind of gal, but I do sometimes post about my own creative projects (mostly knitting).

I have two blogs: The Accidental Homeschooler and The Accidental CrossFitter.

In the homeschool blog, I reflect on growth in home school journey, write weekly reports on our successes and failures, and participate in the Wordless Wednesday posts. Tapestry of Grace also comes up frequently in my writing about curriculum, co-ops, lap books, etc. I've been blogging here since 2006, and so there is a lot of content.

In the CrossFit blog, I write about going from a sedentary mom who was teetering on the brink of very poor health into a fit, active, strong mom who can't remember what it was like to be that still. Crazy. This blog is newer, as I just started CF last fall.

I haven't been on the boards for a while (but I'm an oldie--been around 10 years, or so), and I'm late to the conversation. :)

My blog is Mt. Hope Chronicles. I enjoy photography and books lists, so that is the bulk of my posts. I post about general life with three boys and a little girl. I post about Classical Conversations. We started three years ago (this is my most recent post about our experience and details about the program), and I was a practicum speaker this year so I am currently posting notes from that. We also have a fun school room (the "Live and Learn Studio"), and those picture tend to make the rounds. :)

I post monthly reports with links and quotes from interesting articles as well as our book lists, etc., from the month. I wrote a lengthy series about the curricula and resources we use.

My blog is Mt. Hope Chronicles. I enjoy photography and books lists, so that is the bulk of my posts. I post about general life with three boys and a little girl. I post about Classical Conversations. We started three years ago (this is my most recent post about our experience and details about the program), and I was a practicum speaker this year so I am currently posting notes from that. We also have a fun school room (the "Live and Learn Studio"), and those picture tend to make the rounds. :)

I post monthly reports with links and quotes from interesting articles as well as our book lists, etc., from the month. I wrote a lengthy series about the curricula and resources we use.

I just wanted to say that I love your blog! It is fun to see your field trip pictures as a fellow Oregonian. ;)

My blog is at https://cellista.wordpress.com/

We've homeschooled our boys from the beginning using TWTM as our guide and have been blogging since our oldest was in kindergarten.  They are now 12, 10, 8, and 3, and we're adding a new baby next winter.  I haven't been too prolific lately due to morning sickness, but I generally blog about homeschool, music (I'm a cellist, they play piano), family history, books, and other randomness that is our daily life as LDS classical homeschoolers in Utah.  Wordless Wednesday usually happens as well.  Hopefully when school gets going again I'll climb back on the weekly report wagon.  I used to be so good at writing those...maybe that should be my blogging goal for this school year.  

I am setting up a WordPress Blog, for my wife and/or my DD to use. After creating Static HTML web sites, with MS FrontPage 2000, for many years, everything I do with WordPress is a mystery for me, and there is a big learning curve for me with WordPress.  Probably DD will take this Blog over. The URL is http://calidama.com/

DD is a Distance Learning student, in the Middle School of Texas Tech University ISD (TTUISD). She never had to work this hard, when she was attending brick and mortar private schools here. The next brick and mortar school she attends, she wants to be a university... She wants to graduate from the TTUISD High School and then go to a university.

I finally linked in my signature. It's still not dolled up yet, but I am looking for new readers specifically so I feel pushed to write more. I've been homeschooling for 6 years and keep starting and deleting blogs because it falls by the wayside, and now I feel like I have no record of all the nitty gritty, yk? I need motivation! ;-)

We've moved back to the states....yeah!! We are still living in a state of chaos...living with parents and haven't received our household goods yet. We are not sure where our new home state will be, but we are all so glad to be home. I still don't have a computer of my own to use yet, but I am still working on reading from books and taking notes for them. I hope to be able to type everything and link it onto my blog in the near future. My blogs are below....Gifts for Girls has more personal, just-for-my-girls type posts and A Mind in the Light has my curriculum.

I just started a blog hop today, if anyone is interested in joining! It's for posts about the non-academic things your kids do: Sports, crafts, gardening, etc. It's semi-themed, but if you have a great idea that doesn't quite fit into the theme, post anyway!!! :D  For example, week #1 is sports. My kids don't do team sports at all, but my oldest takes horseback riding lessons. So that's what I posted about!

My blog is in my siggy. I have an Artist Study unit (using art a friend & I put together), Physics Fridays (using a curriculum my friend & I put together), Science Saturday (using a biology program I put together), Wordless Wednesday, Book a Week, Month-in-Review and anything else I feel like putting up there. 

Mine is dustylizard.wordpress.com. (Link in my siggy.) I write a humorous blog about whatever strikes my fancy.

Last year I did a project where I took a picture every day for a year and I wrote a post about the picture every day for a year. All 366 days. (Leap year.). If that inspires you and you're thinking, "I'ma do that!", don't. Seriously, that's a crazy idea. Who has time to take a picture and write a blog post every day? Only crazy people. Don't even consider it.

This year I write whenever the mood strikes.

There are about 6 posts nestled in there that are serious, but the rest are all humor.