Jeannie in NJ

which would you rather: really hot or really cold weather  

172 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer really, really hot or really, really cold weather

• smokin hot
    • cold, bring on the snow
    • just shut up and bring me more ice cream
    • stay inside no matter what the weather

I prefer the cold to the heat, but I prefer no snow on the days I have to drive my daughter to work.  We live off a minor state highway that is in a wind zone and it gets very dangerous trying to just get into the city when it is snowing.  :w00t:

Can we start our own country? I'm in!! Well, I suppose there's the matter of first finding this magical land....

Start a moon colony. Since you'd have to have an artificial environment, you can set the climate however you please!

Really cold.  I stay inside if it is too extreme either way, but in the cold you can bundle up and feel cozy warm no problem. in the heat there is only so many layers you can shed and still be over heated.  As well I have a furnace to keep the home warm, but no a/c to keep it cool.  Personally I prefer the mild/crisp temps of the spring and autumn, but if I had to pick extremes it would be the cold.

I put, Hot, because once I get used to it, I prefer it.  Normally, even in the summer, I never get a chance to get used to it - because we normally have such short "summers".  Actually, I am fine down to about 20 F, as long as it's SUNNY.  It's the overcast, and rain that drives me batty after 6 months of it.  It's hard to warm-up.

I've always thought Washington would be perfect for me because all of the rain would give me an excuse to stay inside. 

Yep, pretty much.  

(It has been a totally awesome summer with highs in the 80s!) :party:

Give me cold anytime.  I hate heat and humidity.  You can always put on more clothes, but there's only so much clothing I can take off without breaking the law.

My favorite season is fall.  Winter is a close second.  I love chilly weather with leaves flying around.  I love being snuggled up in the house reading a book to the kids or baking bread on a really cold day.  I can't wait for the first chilly day.

I don't like hot. I don't mind warm. Cool and cold are good.

What I really prefer, though, is dry. Hot or cold, I want dry!! I grew up on the Canadian prairies, lived in the desert in AZ, on both southern coasts (NC, CA), and much prefer the dry cold of the Canadian prairie and dry heat of AZ desert to the humidity of NC and CA when the temps get too far either way.

I voted "stay inside." Spring and fall every day, please! I don't like dealing with cold, snow, ice, wind any more than I like dealing with hot hot hot hot, but of the two, the cold is slightly more tolerable. I think. Ask me again in February, and I might change my answer, but right now, I am 36 weeks pregnant, and it is supposed to be about 95 degrees around here for a few days. I am spending as much time as possible directly in front of one of our AC units (while being grateful that we're not paying to cool the entire house), but I'm still pretty uncomfortable. At least spring temps lasted for a long time this year before it got really hot, and most of the summer will be gone before the baby arrives, so I won't be doing too much newborn babywearing in the extreme heat (like I was doing with DS3, who was born mid-July).

At least here in the mid-Atlantic, our extreme temps aren't as extreme as some areas --- 95 is pretty high, and somewhere in the teens is pretty low, so it really could be worse. But April and October are welcome gifts every year!

Well, neither.  I'll take a lovely 70 - 75 thank you very much. 

But, if I had to choose, I'd rather it be cold than hot any. day. of. the. week.

I always tell people that there are only so many clothes one can take off and still be publicly acceptable.  The heat makes me grumpy.

I'll take hot, thankyouverymuch.  Where I live, winter lasts way too long and brings annoying snow to shovel and remove from my car. In addition, it costs me a whole lot more to heat my house than it does to cool it in the summer. And summer only lasts about 8 weeks here, so it's not bad.  So I tend to be able to tolerate hot fairly easily.