Menu

Another easter basket question - about the basket!

Spryte

We use the same basket every year. I think it's a nice tradition for the kids to know it's "their basket" and it's exciting for them to get them out every year. My two oldest boys even have their names embroidered on cloth baskets so they aren't going anywhere. Throwing out a basket every year also seems like a terrible waste :confused1: , but that's me.

We use the same basket every year. Our oldest (30 this year!) has always used a special basket that a dear family friend gave me at my baby shower- she added the fabric and ribbons and filled it with baby things and it's been the perfect basket for years. And now dd can use it for her own kids!

We don't have 'Easter' baskets. :blushing: The night before Easter I take two of the Groundhog's toy baskets, dump 'em out, and fill with grass and Eastery things. Though this year I might use the Halloween buckets. They're cute and would do the job just as well.

We always used the same basket. This year though, since dd is starting college next month and has moved out, I'm just going to buy an Easter-themed gift bag so that I don't have to travel with the basket (I'm visiting her next weekend and will be taking her Easter goodies then). 1st holiday she'll be away from home. Makes me sad. Hope it gets easier.

I had an epiphany this year -- art supplies in the Easter basket!

Yup, some candy, but mostly new markers, pencils, pads, sharpeners, sculpey clay, beading supplies, knitting supplies in Easter colors for amigurumis.

Makes my heart happy.

They get put in a canvas bag because we hang them on trees outside for them to find on their Easter Egg treasure hunt. This year we're going to use all the acres and make them really work for it!

My kids got a different basket each year, but it was rarely a basket. Sometimes it was a colorful bin, or a picnic basket, or a tackle box, etc. One year my daughter's basket was a Union Jack trash can that goes perfectly in her red room. I think my son got a bakugan holder one year. I enjoyed coming up with the basket more than buying the stuff to go in it.

They're big now, so they're happy with candy tossed into serving bowls on the table.

The same basket, just like a Christmas stocking.

Yep, the same just like stockings. I still have my childhood basket which I fill for the kitchen table.

There was one year as a kid we were on vacation, so we had brown lunch bags with the tops rolled down a bit. :)

We do new baskets. A lot of years I change it up though and use storage crates or something similar to put the easter stuff in. Last year I used a bilibo for dd2's gifts.

All of our baskets get tons of use -- we keep different toys in them, use them to gather veggies in the garden, etc.

When the kids were younger we (the kids and I) made their Easter baskets each year- paper macher, string basket, decorate sand pail, paperbag basket, etc. Once they started getting older we started giving them a bag, box, or container of some sort. In the past we have done 5 gallon buckets (for holding nerf guns and swords), cake keeper (for 4H cakes), shoe bags (for track), mesh laundry bags (for those going to first year of camp), storage ottomans, backpacks, rubbermaid totes, game piece organizers, etc. This year all of the kids are getting new duffle bags to use for their sports gear and for our family trip this summer.

Throwing out a basket every year also seems like a terrible waste :confused1: , but that's me.

Waste for some, but nice for me because then I can buy them for $0.50 at the thrift store to package presents! I love being able to use an inexpensive basket rather than a gift bag. I know some people who live more simply than I do think it is too much clutter to save things that are only used once a year or they like to get a different color or theme or something each year. DS is on his 2nd basket because the one I got (at the thrift store) for his 1st Easter is too tiny now. He will be reusing his 2nd basket for the 3rd time this year.

When the girls were younger, they had smaller baskets that were part of their room decor. Eventually the younger dd figured out her basket was smaller. :o That year they each got to choose new baskets. We re-use the baskets each year, but they are a pain to store. With their long handles, the two of them take up the large size rubbermaid storage tote.

Up until this year we have used the same baskets. When the girls were little, we bought them nice baskets so that they could use the same ones each year. They liked being able to go get "their" basket each year. This year, they are older, and our soon to be adopted DD (Sweet Pea) does not have one to match the big girls...so I bought each of the big girls a Mini Utility Bin from Thirty-One gifts, and then we bought Sweet Pea a Littles Carry-All Caddy in a coordinating color. I also had their names put on each "basket."

New. Each year it is a bucket for the beach/sand box.

We do this as well. Those big sand buckets hold a lot more goodies (both of the sugary and gift varieties) and are always needed come summertime.

We also use decorated sand buckets for the kids to use during Easter egg hunts. For two years the kids lost all of their eggs because they would bend over and accidentally spill all of the eggs. (And then some other kid would come up and grab the lost loot.)The rotating handle means that the bucket generally stays upright.