Menu

Urgent: Please pray for my dad...

I'm sorry! I just posted about how hard it is to see my dad's health deteriorating. I am only a few hours drive away from him, but just lately I wish I were closer and could stop by often. I can imagine how difficult this is for you to experience at such a distance. Peace be with you, friend.

I just found out that my dad in MN is on his way by helicopter to a hospital in Mpls. because he's had another heart attack. Please pray for him. It's hard to be here when I really want to be there with my family. Pray that God protects them. Thanks you!

:grouphug:

I'm sorry, Dayle, that is so hard. I was far away when my Dad collapsed and was taken to hospital and diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. It was really hard for me.

Dayle, what hospital is he at? I am going to Abbott Northwestern this week as my friend is in ICU there. I'll be praying for your dad.

He's at Abbott!!!!!! If you PM me, I can let you know where you can maybe find him? I would love it if someone who isn't trying to protect me could really tell me how he's really doing.

You all are so great. I knew I could count on you all to pray. I'll let you know when I hear anything.

Here's what I know so far...

Dad is resting well, but, he had a major heart attack. They gave him 4 morphine shots and the pain didn't stop. He had a clot in one of his major arteries, I'm not sure which one, and that was what caused the heart attack. They did an MRI and will have all the results tomorrow morning, the initial results are good.

God is so good! I talked to a few of my friends down here when it happened and they all started praying. A few hours later, my pastor's wife came over and said that if I need to go home, someone is ready to pay for a plane ticket for me whenever I need it. What a blessing! It makes me cry just to know that people care so much. I don't even know who this person is. It's just so amazing to me. I'm waiting until tomorrow to find out the results of the MRI. I don't want to just go home with all that that will entail for my family, not to mention the expense for this unknown person, until I know there is a definite reason for me to go.

I can so feel your prayers. I have such peace. It's really unbelieveable to me! I know that God is in control, and that's the best feeling in the world right now.

Thank you all so much!

Here's what I know so far...

Dad is resting well, but, he had a major heart attack. They gave him 4 morphine shots and the pain didn't stop. He had a clot in one of his major arteries, I'm not sure which one, and that was what caused the heart attack. They did an MRI and will have all the results tomorrow morning, the initial results are good.

God is so good! I talked to a few of my friends down here when it happened and they all started praying. A few hours later, my pastor's wife came over and said that if I need to go home, someone is ready to pay for a plane ticket for me whenever I need it. What a blessing! It makes me cry just to know that people care so much. I don't even know who this person is. It's just so amazing to me. I'm waiting until tomorrow to find out the results of the MRI. I don't want to just go home with all that that will entail for my family, not to mention the expense for this unknown person, until I know there is a definite reason for me to go.

I can so feel your prayers. I have such peace. It's really unbelieveable to me! I know that God is in control, and that's the best feeling in the world right now.

Thank you all so much!

So cool. The same thing happened to me when my father collapsed....I had several people here who would just pray and let me bawl my head off on the phone with them. It was sooooo good to be supported. And I finally got to see him a few weeks later.

A few hours later, my pastor's wife came over and said that if I need to go home, someone is ready to pay for a plane ticket for me whenever I need it. What a blessing! It makes me cry just to know that people care so much. I don't even know who this person is. It's just so amazing to me.
This made me cry just to read that! How sweet of that person!

I have prayed and am praying for your dad, and for you! Please keep us updated as you find out info.!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Prayers here for you and your family. We had a similar situation with my father-in-law when he had a heart attack. Our family didn't even notify us until they knew how bad his situation was so we were completely out of the loop. The second time around when he had a problem, I was on the phone with my sister-in-law when her husband came to get his truck to take him to the hospital!!! Distance truly makes these situations so difficult. God bless you both.

I just talked to my family and he's doing well today. He's able to sit up on his own and he's eating some breakfast. They haven't seen the doctor yet to hear the results of the MRI, but, he hasn't had any chest pain since late yesterday, so that's a good thing, too. The nurse was telling them that it looks like he will be moved out of ICU to a regular room this afternoon and if all goes well, he could be home tomorrow night.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and concern. It just means so much to me! Blessings to you all today!:001_smile: