Menu

Theme baskets for fundraisers: anyone have a great or unique idea for a $25 basket?

unsinkable

Do a book theme...a couple of popular books or magazine, a coffee cup, tea, chocolate, a warm throw....

Breakfast in bed...muffin mix, coffee cup, coffee, other yummies, a pretty cloth napkin....chocolate.

Movie night...DVD, micowave popcorn, soft drinks....chocolate.

Hey,how about a chocolate basket? Various kinds of chocolate.....

Do a book theme...a couple of popular books or magazine, a coffee cup, tea, chocolate, a warm throw....

Breakfast in bed...muffin mix, coffee cup, coffee, other yummies, a pretty cloth napkin....chocolate.

Movie night...DVD, micowave popcorn, soft drinks....chocolate.

Hey,how about a chocolate basket? Various kinds of chocolate.....

chocolate! yes!!!

Ding, ding, ding! winner, winner, chicken dinner!

it is around St. Valentine's Day, so this is perfect.

thank you so much!

family board game night w/snacks

I 2nd the chocolate idea--those are always a big hit

Cooking or Grilling basket

Vacation basket--camping, beach,etc.

Ice Cream basket

Coffee basket

Weekend Getaway/Spa basket

family board game night w/snacks

I 2nd the chocolate idea--those are always a big hit

Cooking or Grilling basket

Vacation basket--camping, beach,etc.

Ice Cream basket

Coffee basket

Weekend Getaway/Spa basket

Thank you! Keeping these ideas bc sometimes they need extra baskets made. People will donate the money but they don't have time to put a basket together.

pancakes: mix, syrup, spatula, pancake molds

cupcake/cookie: liners, things to decorate, cutters

Williams Sonoma has cute stuff if you can get it on sale or donated.

Star Wars: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/bakeware/bakeware-star-wars-collection/

They also have Marvel and Sesame Street I think.

Those are so cute!

Thank you!

We got a great gift basket from some friends for our wedding. I guess the theme would be "gourmet kitchen". It had a beautiful handmade cutting board (my friend's DH made it himself), several yummy spices, and a few other kitchen items that I can't remember since it was almost 12 years ago. ;-) But it was one of my favorite wedding gifts because it was unique.

We got a great gift basket from some friends for our wedding. I guess the theme would be "gourmet kitchen". It had a beautiful handmade cutting board (my friend's DH made it himself), several yummy spices, and a few other kitchen items that I can't remember since it was almost 12 years ago. ;-) But it was one of my favorite wedding gifts because it was unique.

That does sound nice! Thank you.

An assortment of pastas, jarred sauces, olive oil, vinegar, pasta server, microplane, a block of Romano or Parmesan, and a loaf of bread, all put together in a colander (instead of a basket).

An assortment of baking mixes, spatulas, scrapers, etc. inside a baking pan of some kind

Yum! The colander as the holder is a cute idea.

Thank you!

I need to put together a theme basket worth $25 for a fundraiser.

so many times these seem like same old, same old.

scratch-off lottery tickets, pet treats, kids' stuff, art supplies, gift cards, etc: btdt

i'm need some inspiration!!! whaddaya got for me? :bigear:

An awesome hand dyed skein of yarn (from a yarn shop), a free "one skein" scarf pattern that could be appropriately knitted with that skein of yarn (a store could help you identify the right thing), knitting needles of the appropriate size to knit that pattern.

This may not seem like something that everyone present would bid on, but knitters have a hard time ever turning away from an extra pretty ball of yarn. It's like dogs and squirrels. We just. can't. leave. it. alone.

An awesome hand dyed skein of yarn (from a yarn shop), a free "one skein" scarf pattern that could be appropriately knitted with that skein of yarn (a store could help you identify the right thing), knitting needles of the appropriate size to knit that pattern.

This may not seem like something that everyone present would bid on, but knitters have a hard time ever turning away from an extra pretty ball of yarn. It's like dogs and squirrels. We just. can't. leave. it. alone.

I have toyed with the idea of making a cowl or scarf with a luxurious yarn.

Thanks !

Good ideas so far, and once I made a 'formal tea' basket. Earl Grey and English Breakfast teas in lovely tins, homebaked scones (or you can put in a bag of scone mix--Cost Plus World Market has good ones), a jar of lemon curd, a jar of clotted cream, and one of those 'tea for one' sets where the little china teapot fits into the cup to steep, and some seasonal, nice paper napkins finished it off.

I've put together a home decor featuring Uppercase Living basket for giveaways before. I put in one or two vinyl designs ("Welcome" and "Family" ones are most popular, but there's a huge variety from children's to spiritual/Christian to gardening to botanical and more), something with some vinyl already on it on it (initials or embellishments on coffee mugs, wine glasses, candle holders, etc.), some photos printed from the website showing some installation ideas, some pretty kitchen towels or a pretty frame or something, and then of course a great basket. Pretty well received!

Good ideas so far, and once I made a 'formal tea' basket. Earl Grey and English Breakfast teas in lovely tins, homebaked scones (or you can put in a bag of scone mix--Cost Plus World Market has good ones), a jar of lemon curd, a jar of clotted cream, and one of those 'tea for one' sets where the little china teapot fits into the cup to steep, and some seasonal, nice paper napkins finished it off.

The tea cup sounds cute! Thanks!

I've put together a home decor featuring Uppercase Living basket for giveaways before. I put in one or two vinyl designs ("Welcome" and "Family" ones are most popular, but there's a huge variety from children's to spiritual/Christian to gardening to botanical and more), something with some vinyl already on it on it (initials or embellishments on coffee mugs, wine glasses, candle holders, etc.), some photos printed from the website showing some installation ideas, some pretty kitchen towels or a pretty frame or something, and then of course a great basket. Pretty well received!

Fun! Thanks for the ideas.

I made a basket with a " black and white/ bird and flower" theme that was fought over by a few people at an auction last year. It brought in quite a nice profit. LOL

Mine was closer to $100 but it wouldn't have to be that much. I bought a lot of the items at TJ Maxx so they were not as expensive at it could have been.

For this one I took a 3 tier black metal basket and filled it with:

Black and white dessert plates and cups--bird and flower design

BW napkins-floral

BW apron-floral

White bird salt/pepper shakers

Black raspberry jam

Coffee/Teas in black wrappers (Starbucks and Mightyleaf)

Biscotti

Black forest cookies

Dark chocolate Lindt bar (BW wrapper)

I hand made BW napkin rings with large pearls and black pendants

Sees chocolate gift card

It had a few more things in it too, but they are escaping me right now.

The person who won it, didn't know I made it. We were talking the next day and she was laughing at how much she paid for her auction item, because she didn't need anything in the basket. She just really wanted it due to the design. :0)

What about a scrapbooking supplies basket? You could fill it with a scrapbook, papers, embellishments, adhesives....just about whatever/

i gave my DH a grilling basket for Christmas. I filled it with various rubs and sauces as well as a nice grilling set.

Grilling is great idea...I like the ideas with consumable stuff.

Thanks!

I made a basket with a " black and white/ bird and flower" theme that was fought over by a few people at an auction last year. It brought in quite a nice profit. LOL

Mine was closer to $100 but it wouldn't have to be that much. I bought a lot of the items at TJ Maxx so they were not as expensive at it could have been.

For this one I took a 3 tier black metal basket and filled it with:

Black and white dessert plates and cups--bird and flower design

BW napkins-floral

BW apron-floral

White bird salt/pepper shakers

Black raspberry jam

Coffee/Teas in black wrappers (Starbucks and Mightyleaf)

Biscotti

Black forest cookies

Dark chocolate Lindt bar (BW wrapper)

I hand made BW napkin rings with large pearls and black pendants

Sees chocolate gift card

It had a few more things in it too, but they are escaping me right now.

The person who won it, didn't know I made it. We were talking the next day and she was laughing at how much she paid for her auction item, because she didn't need anything in the basket. She just really wanted it due to the design. :0)

Thanks! It's a great reminder for me that presentation matters!

One very popular basket at a raffle I attended was tickets/entry for events and activities around our community: zoo, concerts, plays, county fair, festivals, etc.

Good ideas!

I made a zoo basket once with zoo passes, several ZooBooks magazines and a stuffed animal. It was a hit!

My mom paid several hundred for a theme basket in a silent auction. It was a 007 basket based on the new movie. It was made in a briefcase rather than a basket (it was donated so it was free), they filled it with movie snacks, the newest 007 movie on dvd, a toy gun that matches his, a bow tie, a car calendar with only the kind of car james bond drives, a toy car same thing only the one james drives, and I can't remember everything else. The club that put it together spent about $30, everything else was donated and they raised almost $300 from the auction on it.

My mom paid several hundred for a theme basket in a silent auction. It was a 007 basket based on the new movie. It was made in a briefcase rather than a basket (it was donated so it was free), they filled it with movie snacks, the newest 007 movie on dvd, a toy gun that matches his, a bow tie, a car calendar with only the kind of car james bond drives, a toy car same thing only the one james drives, and I can't remember everything else. The club that put it together spent about $30, everything else was donated and they raised almost $300 from the auction on it.

That is neat! Thanks!

The best basket I have ever been given was a "Cozy Night at Home" basket. It had dry bean soup mix, several pairs of fuzzy socks, a couple of family movies and a big thing of popcorn. I think you could make it for under $25 if you bought the movies and socks on sale.

The best basket I have ever been given was a "Cozy Night at Home" basket. It had dry bean soup mix, several pairs of fuzzy socks, a couple of family movies and a big thing of popcorn. I think you could make it for under $25 if you bought the movies and socks on sale.

Cute! I'd love a basket like this, too.

Thanks.

You could do 'obscure kitchen stuff'. A citrus peeler, unusual measurement spoons like 2 tsp, 1 1/2 tablespoons, etc. A mandolin or onion chopper if you're feeling extravagent. One of those spaghetti noodle serving size measurers. A garlic press. Parchment. White chocolate chips. Ditto butterscotch and mint chocolate chips.

OH! What about heirloom foods? Use a big wooden or crockery bowl as the 'basket'. Put in little bags of various heirloom beans and grains, along with obscure varietal tomatos and alliums, and some obscure varietal herbs and spices from Penzey's. Include a cookbook--either Food to Live By from Earthbound Farms, or one of the veggie cookbooks by Renee Shepherd.

Spring basket with seeds and gardening gloves.

Movie basket but use classic Disney or musicals - movies that are a little harder to find. We have a Movie Stop that has a lot of very different movies.

Greeting card basket with blank greeting cards, pretty pen and stamps.

A learning basket for instance with signing time dvds and flash cards or some other language dvds and flash cards

Water color basket with water colors, paint brush and nice paper.

When I make a gift basket I got to Home Goods, Target, Big Lots, TJ Max or some other store and wander their clearance rack until I find something that calls to me and once I find one item that is the theme that I build around. This way the basket stays affordable and it is usually stuff that is different.