Menu

Valentine Exchange!

Jennifer3141

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We drove around with them all ready to go in our car for 3 days and finally made it to the post office today.

When we got home, there was another new one in our mailbox and my 7 yo son said, "WOW, we should send this kid another one, mom. This is so much fun!!"

I just want to say thank you to everyone! We have all of our valentines that we have received so far taped up on one of our cabinets and it is just a beautiful mixture of homemade cards and store bought cards. The kids love seeing the creativity of the homemade ones and I particularly am enjoying the store bought as those are the kind I mainly grew up with (thus holding a special place in my heart). ;-)

D

I had the kids decorate Valentine boxes just like they do in ps. I've been putting their Valentines in their boxes as they come in for them to open on the 14th.

We found this super cute idea using a cereal box but it we had already made ours.

Also, one quick caveat, I had to pay $3.20 to get two of our valentines from the mailman because the sender had not put enough postage on a bulky envelope for it to be delivered. Please make sure that if you have odd shaped or bulky valentines to double check the cost to mail them.

Thank you Jennifer for organizing the Valentine exchange. My dd had a blast opening her Valentines this morning. She made/decorated her Valentine Box a few weeks ago & was so excited each day when a Valentine was in the mailbox & she could place it in her Valentine box. She is now busy coloring in the states on a US map where she received a valentine. She received such cute, clever and fun cards/activities. Thank you all! (and she had fun preparing the Valentines to mail.) This was a great experience for her :thumbup: .

Also, one quick caveat, I had to pay $3.20 to get two of our valentines from the mailman because the sender had not put enough postage on a bulky envelope for it to be delivered. Please make sure that if you have odd shaped or bulky valentines to double check the cost to mail them.

Ours were bulky, so I really hope it wasn't one of ours! We took them to a mailing shop and had them weighed and posted accordingly. If you think it was mine, please pm me. I really don't want anyone to be out money because I messed up! If it was me, I want to make it right!

ETA: I want to thank everyone for doing this! It has been so much fun, and ds thinks it's just about the coolest thing to receive so much mail just for him!

Ours were bulky, so I really hope it wasn't one of ours! We took them to a mailing shop and had them weighed and posted accordingly. If you think it was mine, please pm me. I really don't want anyone to be out money because I messed up! If it was me, I want to make it right!

ETA: I want to thank everyone for doing this! It has been so much fun, and ds thinks it's just about the coolest thing to receive so much mail just for him!

You know how karma comes back to bite you...well all of our Valentine's that we mailed out on Saturday, just showed back up at our house today because the post office considers them bulk mail so now I've got to go to the post office and add an extra $1.15 to everyone's valentine cards. :cursing: So I'm thinking it might just be our stupid post office. The mailman said that it was because of budget cuts and people losing their jobs that if they can't run it through their machine then it is automatically bulk mail.

I don't even remember who sent the valentine, so no worries. :thumbup:

And my kids loved all of them!

You know how karma comes back to bite you...well all of our Valentine's that we mailed out on Saturday, just showed back up at our house today because the post office considers them bulk mail so now I've got to go to the post office and add an extra $1.15 to everyone's valentine cards. :cursing:...

I don't even remember who sent the valentine, so no worries. :thumbup:

And my kids loved all of them!

Argh! How frustrating that they were returned to you! In case it was mine, I do apologize. I'm always the paranoid one. I invariably think if something goes wrong, it has to be my fault. Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day to all!