Menu

Any creative ideas for announcing pregnancy on Christmas?

april0421

So we just found out that we are expecting our fourth child!

I know some people don't announce right away, but we always have, so intend to do so again (I can't keep a secret).

We thought since all of our family will be gathered together at once, it was the perfect opportunity to announce our news.

In the past, we have never been creative, just told, so we are thinking we might make this more special.

I know you ladies here (since i am a long time lurker) always have awesome, creative ideas, so I thought maybe you all would have some suggestions!

TIA!

I announced dd2 to my parents on Mother's Day. Along with her typical gift, my mom received an enlarged, matted and laminated ultrasound photo. If you don't have one of those yet, you could do what I did for dd1. I signed my mom's card "Love, me, dh, ds and ??...."

Congratulations! I found a pair of cute Christmas baby socks and tucked a message into each "stocking" about having another grandchild in the family soon (can't remember how I worded it, but it was a Dr. Seuss sort of rhyme). I put them in a gift bag with baby shower confetti and gave one to my mom and MIL when we unwrapped presents together that year.

If your relatives are coming to your house, you could get an inexpensive stocking, write "baby" on it, and hang it up with the other stockings.

This, but I wouldn't put a name on it or hang it up before hand. I would fill it with baby items and put it out with the rest and not say a word and see how long it takes for someone to figure it out.

I love the idea of giving grandparents a photo album or collage frame, leaving an obvious space with a "to be filled on X date." Or, figure out what food the baby is the size of at the time (grape, appleseed, whatever) and ask them what could be that small and yet so big at the same time.

And congratulations! Four is fun!

I refused any alcohol. My BIL was the first one to get it. When he asked me outright, and I said yes, everyone had a glass of wine (champagne actually) to raise for a toast.

Nothing fancy but it did turn out nice!

Congratulations.

That was a dead giveaway for me, too. I never turn down champagne!

Otherwise, you could have a present under the tree unlabeled that would be for a newborn baby (unless there will be a baby or another pregnant woman in attendance). Someone will have to open it to see what it is and who it's for.

ETA: Oops, I read through the thread too fast and see Miss Mousie suggested this too!

Also, congrats!

My DD recently opened her birthday present in front of us. It was a long board with three pictures attached. The first one was a picture of their first son holding a sign that said #1. 2nd picture was son #2 holding a sign that said #2. Third picture was a picture of our DD holding a sign that said #3 ..and in smaller letters, coming soon.

It was great.

Congratulations on your coming addition! What a blessing. :)

We announced our second dd's arrival by putting an "Big Sister" t-shirt on our oldest dd-she was just 11 months at the time. We didn't say anything at all. It was funny. No one really paid attention to what her shirt said for the longest time, then dh's aunt looked at it, then looked at me and said, "Oh my gosh! Really!?"

I love the one of announcing it at the group picture. So you can get everybody's reaction! What a GREAT picture!

I'd be afraid to see the initial reaction lol!

I told dh once by waiting all through Christmas day, and then saying after the children went to bed, "I have another present for you but I can't give it to you until August." it took him a couple seconds to figure it out.

Congratulations on your coming addition! What a blessing. :)

We announced our second dd's arrival by putting an "Big Sister" t-shirt on our oldest dd-she was just 11 months at the time. We didn't say anything at all. It was funny. No one really paid attention to what her shirt said for the longest time, then dh's aunt looked at it, then looked at me and said, "Oh my gosh! Really!?"

We did that with our second child -- put a "big sister" shirt on our 2yo DD. She knew what it said and was super excited about the new baby, so she kept sticking out her chest, trying to get people to read it. It took a while before they did, which was really funny.

We got less creative with the two little boys; we just called people up and told them. Actually, I believe we let some of the big kids call and tell. (When DS3 arrived, unexpectedly early, I let almost 3yo DS2 call my parents and tell them that he had a new baby brother, which was adorable.)