Menu

So aggravated that so many new movies are in 3D

Mom0012

Almost every movie I ever want to take my kids to is now only offered in 3D. We have really been looking forward to seeing The Hobbit and I just checked our local theaters, to find it will only be shown in 3D. My son don't like to watch a movie that way and it makes me motion sick, plus the tickets are more expensive. Darn!

I wish they would offer at least limited showings without the 3D.

I agree. My kids like the 3d movies, but I'd rather watch them without the 3d effects. Some theatres here offer some showings in 3d and others without, but not all do. It is annoying if you don't have the choice.

I heard on the radio that the queen's Christmas address will be shown on tv in 3d. If you don't have a 3d Tv, then you have to use 3d glasses to see it. We don't have Tv reception at all, so it doesn't affect me personally, but I feel bad for older folks who might look forward to her Christmas address and won't be able to see it properly without those stupid glasses.

Almost every movie I ever want to take my kids to is now only offered in 3D. We have really been looking forward to seeing The Hobbit and I just checked our local theaters, to find it will only be shown in 3D. My son don't like to watch a movie that way and it makes me motion sick, plus the tickets are more expensive. Darn!

I wish they would offer at least limited showings without the 3D.

I agree but around here, they always show the movie in 2d at the same theater. It's harder to find out what times it shows though.

I agree but around here, they always show the movie in 2d at the same theater. It's harder to find out what times it shows though.

I was going to say this...are you SURE they are only showing it in 3D? When we first looked for tickets that's all we saw; we had to search a couple of different ways online to find 2D listings.

I am not a fan od 3D movies. I cannot afford it. I prefer them to a 4D movie though. I find the fans that blow the "wind" and "snow" distracting and I really do not like getting wet just because there is water in the scene.

I foresee movies made for the special effects that lack a decent story and well developed characters.

Well, rats. :glare:

I thought this thread was going to be about 3-D movies on DVD. We have a 3-D TV, but not that many 3-D movies for it. It sort of "converts" regular movies to 3-D, but "real" 3-D movies are cooler.

I don't really like 3-D movies in the theater, either -- something about all that brightness, movement, and dimension on such a big screen makes me kind of queasy.

Find the phone number to the main office for your favorite theater and phone. If anyone in your area feels the same way, have them call too. Our favorite theater responded to customers and now always has 2D as well as 3D. If any of your theaters are a regional chain, they might be more willing to work with the regional customers.

Really? I don't see much depth in 3D movies because my eyes don't work together properly. My oldest is practically blind in his right eye and I am not sure how 3D would work for him. Does anyone know?

Definitely not worth the money for us.

I am going to check around some more, but pretty much all the theaters in the area are listed on movies.com. One time I searched high and low for a movie we wanted to see in 2D. We travelled quite a distance and when we got there, it was in 3D. Honestly, I have seen this more and more with children's movies, but I wasn't expecting it with The Hobbit for some reason. We only hit the theaters once or twice a year, but if this trend continues, I can see it will be even less.