Menu

If you only had 3 potatoes and 3 sweet potatoes

Lady Florida.

What would you make to try and use up 3 white and/or 3 sweet potatoes? They're all small-medium in size, and I'm feeding a teenage boy. Would you mix the two somehow? Make 2 different potato sides?

We're having pan-grilled fish and broccoli. We've had a lot of rice lately, plus I really need to use these potatoes. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. Cube the potatoes. Mix with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Put on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.

You can add all types of root veggies to this like carrots or beets or onions or even red peppers.

3 good-sized sweet potatoes makes a good amount of sweet potato fries. That's the number 1 sweet potato food in our house. Just cut in steak fry size, spray (or mix) with olive oil, and sprinkle salt and pepper, and bake until they start turning brown. I imagine you can do the same for the regular potatoes and just have a mix of different kind of "fries"

Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. Cube the potatoes. Mix with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Put on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.

You can add all types of root veggies to this like carrots or beets or onions or even red peppers.

:iagree: We do this about once a week. Halfway through I usually add another baking sheet with squash, asparagus, and peppers.

We do this using potatoes, carrots, beets, onions, and sausage. I can't see any reason you couldn't add sweet potatoes. For spices I put in garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. It's a favorite dish in our family.