Menu

Baby name thread

stm4him

What do you think of the name Haven? Here are some of the choices that would go with it:

Haven Rosalie

Haven Lily

Haven Annalee

Haven Annelise

Haven Hope

Haven Serenity

I also really like Hope but I'm having a hard time finding a middle name. Annalee and Annelise might work......

Not a fan, sorry.

Haven is a werelion in the Anita Blake Vampire Executioner series by Laurell K Hamilton. He's nuts. Also has blue hair, a Cookie Monster tatt, and she nics him Cookie Monster...before she ends up shooting him for trying to kill Nathaniel.

It's also a town that bizarre things happen in, by the show of the same name.

Me neither. I live in Connecticut, and New Haven is a crime-ridden city, East Haven's mayor made a racial slur about Hispanics and "apologized" by offering to give them free tacos (yes, really!) and West Haven isn't much better.

Personally, when I see kids named something that's a noun, for example, I always wonder if, when they're 35, they'll wish their parents had just gone with Margaret or Jennifer or Caroline.

Hope is lovely, though.

astrid

I don't get the connection between "Haven" and "Jordan" but perhaps it's obvious to others?

Wasn't there a series of books in the '80's with a weird character named "Heavenly?" "Haven Lea/Leigh" sounds like "Heavenly" to me. Do you want it to sound just like a sibling? With "Liberty," "Felicity," "Jubilee" and "Haven Leigh" that's kind of a lot of rhyming. But then again, they'll all come running when you holler out the door! :-)

Then again, as recently posted here, I tend to be much better at puppy naming! :-)

astrid

I made the connection with the TV show as well. May not be a deal breaker for you and if you absolutely love the name, then that's your choice. I'm not a fan.

I love the name Hope. I know a Hope Francis.

Hope Evangaline?

I like a name with 2 or more syllables partnered with a single syllable first name.

I like Hope better as it fits in with the names of your other children. I, too, am due around that time with #5 - due early April. Names are one of those things that just sort of happen for us; if I try to discuss it with my husband, he shuts down. Recently, I was reading a children's version of the Odyssey to the kids. My husband heard us and started a naming discussion. So, we've come up with a girl name...at least! (We won't find out gender until birth.)

Anyway, Hope - yes; Haven - not so much so. I am sorry for the loss of the twin. Congratulations, nonetheless!

I think Haven is very pretty and would go well with your other children's names.

I would avoid Hope. Having a Hope and a Faith seems, to me, to be too phony, forced.

Yeah, If you have Faith and Hope, people will be looking around for Charity.

I don't think the show is popular enough for Haven to be a deal breaker for me, but I wouldn't use Leigh with it. That sounds too much like you are making a pun out of her name or something. I like Haven Elise if you go with Haven.

I agree that the first thing I think of are Stephen King/VC Andrews books (I'm not into them, but have friends who are)

Another think to consider is to how you'd feel about people assuming that you're copying a celebrity name. Jessican Alba and Cash Warren named their younger daughter Haven last year, and people might make connections/assumptions. Not saying that's something that's a dealbreaker, just a consideration.

I like the suggestion here of Serenity. Or maybe Grace (though that might be more popular/common).

I think it is a pretty name. I met a little baby with that name when my oldest was a baby and I thought it was a nice name. It isn't my naming style but it is a name I really like and would think positively of if I saw a child with that name. Any of those middle names are fine except Leigh. I don't like Haven Leigh or Lea. I don't like the style of a first and middle name making a word or something that is close to a word but not quite. I like Hope too.