Menu

This Sucks.

Wolf's job is weather dependant. If there's snow, he can work 12 hr shifts, make great $. (New place, not the racist jerk)

Problem is, there's only been 1 day of snow this wk, and not a huge amt.

So, he's worked a grand total of 11 hrs this wk.

I don't know how we're going to make it, esp w/Christmas looming.

Yes, he's looking for something else...Problem is, this job would be fantastic if the weather would cooperate, and once spring comes, they do construction stuff, so it's no longer weather dependant at all. It's getting through, and praying for loads of snow in the meantime.

I hate this.

I was just saying to Wolf, "Honestly, I have everything I've ever wanted. A husband I love, great kids...all I need is money."

I *know* how blessed I am. I do, I *really* *really* do.

But when faced w/not being able to cover our expenses if work doesn't pick up, doing Christmas is simply impossible. And, w/being 1 handed, making things isn't doable either...if I could afford the supplies to start w/.

And, of course, I make 'too much' on WCB to qualify for any help. They only look at your income, not expenses.

I don't usually post. But, I understand that feeling. My dh is still in North Dakota. He got a better job. He works crazy shifts, like 26 hours. Then he comes home to his lonely little bedroom. My van is broken down. I can't get a new one right now. There are some things I need done to it that he could do for cheap and probably get it going till tax time. But, he isn't here. Someways it is either vomit or cry. I am so frustrated. He doesn't want a car loan because he wants us to move there. We can't unless we can get a mortgage.

I am a fixer. I want to fix it all. I can't do anything else. Just running this household is enough. And, last night when he was tired and talking to me on the phone, I just wanted to make him a snack or make sure he was taking his vitamins.

I don't usually post. But, I understand that feeling. My dh is still in North Dakota. He got a better job. He works crazy shifts, like 26 hours. Then he comes home to his lonely little bedroom. My van is broken down. I can't get a new one right now. There are some things I need done to it that he could do for cheap and probably get it going till tax time. But, he isn't here. Someways it is either vomit or cry. I am so frustrated. He doesn't want a car loan because he wants us to move there. We can't unless we can get a mortgage.

I am a fixer. I want to fix it all. I can't do anything else. Just running this household is enough. And, last night when he was tired and talking to me on the phone, I just wanted to make him a snack or make sure he was taking his vitamins.

I'm sorry :grouphug:

Yup, this sucks.

The little things are the biggest blessings these days.

Eeeking along on thin air, on the narrowest balance beam, all the time is exhausting.

And then there are the funny things that almost make your cry in desperation. Like last night I ran over a raccoon with the car. DH went back to pick it up so he can sell it for the $10 to the fur trader in town. Or that I put an ad on craigslist selling chicken poo for $$. Where in my suburban pre-life would these things ever have made the day's highlights at dinner time?

DH's still looking for a regular gig too.

I understand. I am sick and tired of worrying. Christmas is a month away and it is all I can think about. I feel paralyzed. I hate this feeling.

I am on SSD, which amounts to barely anything. DH had an accident in July and is out of work. Hoping to go back soon.

I applied for a moratorium for my mortgage in July, sent the additional info they needed, and am still waiting for a response. We could be in foreclosure for all I know. Opening mail is too stressful, bad I know.

My dad is paying the tuition for our boys. TG we have him, but it's not fair to him to use his money for that. If DH was working and able to drive, we'd be ok. I know this will end and is only temporary, but I feel like I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel right now.

I try to keep thinking how blessed we are and how others are suffering. But it is hard to stay positive when the holidays come around.

I just want to throw this out there for those of you with younger children. In our community there are several different organizations that run toy drives. Knowing that you could have a few nice gifts for your kiddos might take off some of the pressure. :grouphug:

Thanks everyone. :grouphug:

What prompted the pity party was something incredibly stupid.

I've been drooling over Bitty Twins from AG for Princess. I *know* she'd adore them. She's been asking for a boy doll. And I know that being able to have a doll w/nice hair that doesn't mat would thrill her to pieces.

It was the realization that if I bought this, I wouldn't have the $ for groceries. That's what prompted my whining.

If Wolf's job hadn't fallen apart, we'd be doing so well right now. We'd be paying less than half of what the mobile cost us, incl utlities. And have benefits. And a steady income. This Christmas would've been awesome.

But now, it's a time of stress and fear. And honestly, I'm angry about it.

We've found out since, from a former crew member of Wolf's that they're totally messing w/everyone...eliminating his position pretty much everywhere, have slashed the budget dramatically, etc. As we suspected at the time, it really had NOTHING to do w/Wolf, but everything to do w/the fact that he was on probation, and they could get rid of him w/out any negative backlash for them, incl having to pay unemployment insurance to him.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I've been drooling over Bitty Twins from AG for Princess. I *know* she'd adore them. She's been asking for a boy doll. And I know that being able to have a doll w/nice hair that doesn't mat would thrill her to pieces.

It was the realization that if I bought this, I wouldn't have the $ for groceries. That's what prompted my whining.

If Wolf's job hadn't fallen apart, we'd be doing so well right now. We'd be paying less than half of what the mobile cost us, incl utlities. And have benefits. And a steady income. This Christmas would've been awesome.

We've found out since, from a former crew member of Wolf's that they're totally messing w/everyone...eliminating his position pretty much everywhere, have slashed the budget dramatically, etc. As we suspected at the time, it really had NOTHING to do w/Wolf, but everything to do w/the fact that he was on probation, and they could get rid of him w/out any negative backlash for them, incl having to pay unemployment insurance to him.

AG is addicting. Just...walk..away..from..the...catalog. LoL

But seriously, if you are near a store, you can buy just one twin. Aliitle cheaper.

Imp, Heather, Zoo Keeper and CalicoCat, I am so, so sorry. :(we are feeling a crunch like we never have before, but this thread makes me realize that I really can't complain.

Thanks, Denise, :001_smile: I really don't have reason to whine, either. God has been good--I've never gone without something I truly needed. Something I wanted?.... Well, maybe we all could do with a few less wants...

I have a wonderful husband, and five crazy wonderful kids. I'm blessed.

Just follow the money, eh?

I'm so sorry. What a terrible way to treat people. :grouphug: