Menu

Tell me its ok that i bought a new purse....JAWM

I bought a new purse, which i generally do once a year. My treat to myselsf!

Anyway, this one was a tad more than i usually spend (but still, 50% off!) so i feel a little guilty. Also, i am giving a few older bags to my church thrift shop-they are in great shape, but theyre just not right for me (I am finally accepting that if i havent used it in ayear, i am sure someone else would be happy to have it!).....so even though i technically didnt "need" a new purse, in buying one i was able to let go of some that i dont use, so.....even steven right?? :lol:

i really love this purse, and it is my only real gift to myself that isnt a "neccesity" in a while.......so it's okay, right?:tongue_smilie:

Well for something you use EVERY DAY, the cost per day is a mere few cents, right?

I mean, you couldn't rent a purse for that, couldya?:D

Besides, frequent-use items need to be of good quality so they will hold up under all that usage.

I don't buy purses very often. When I find one I like, I stick with it for 2-3 years, til it literally starts to fall apart. I just tie a different scarf to the strap for a seasonal change.

Just tell yourself you made a good investment!

Erm...no. I am eyeing a Mercedes suv, however. You dont think dh will mind, do u? JAWM, of course...

Of course I agree with you.

I am eyeing one myself, so I can't very well tell you that you can't get one.

Besides, the new SUV will go great with your new purse. It's all about the accessories, after all. :D

Anyway, this one was a tad more than i usually spend (but still, 50% off!) so i feel a little guilty. Also, i am giving a few older bags to my church thrift shop-they are in great shape, but theyre just not right for me (I am finally accepting that if i havent used it in ayear, i am sure someone else would be happy to have it!).....so even though i technically didnt "need" a new purse, in buying one i was able to let go of some that i dont use, so.....even steven right?? :lol:

i really love this purse, and it is my only real gift to myself that isnt a "neccesity" in a while.......so it's okay, right?:tongue_smilie:

I'll love your purse, and you can love mine. ;) I just added an adorable tote to my Disney Dooney collection. We got here the day after my birthday, so I bought myself a present. :)

i really love this purse, and it is my only real gift to myself that isnt a "neccesity" in a while.......so it's okay, right? :tongue_smilie:

I'm rather picky about purses but I don't like spurging on myself either. It takes me quite a while to find a purse I like and once I do I keep it for a long time - so to me spending a little more on a purse is worth it because I get my money worth. I'd figure that if you spent around $40 and use it for a year - that's what??? less than $4 per month? Totally worth it, IMHO.

i really love this purse, and it is my only real gift to myself that isnt a "neccesity" in a while.......so it's okay, right? :tongue_smilie:

Yes! Buy yourself a purse once in awhile. I should buy more expensive ones so that the straps stop breaking!