Menu

Does anyone else feel the storm coming?

I'm in central Maryland. It was nice this morning, but in the last few hours it's gotten much cloudier, a bit cooler, and the wind has started blowing. I guess I'd better finish my laundry :-/

We usually don't lose power in my neighborhood, but somehow ignoring all of the warnings seems like asking for it. DH just walked to the store for soda. Yep, Emergency Storm Soda.

Not a single bird. Yesterday they were flying in large groups.

And yes, if my ears pop or pound one more time I'm gonna scream! I guess, I am in the old geezer category now too.

The wind has been steady since early this morning. We are not supposed to get the brunt of it - and not anything until Monday night.

I'm in central Maryland. It was nice this morning, but in the last few hours it's gotten much cloudier, a bit cooler, and the wind has started blowing. I guess I'd better finish my laundry :-/

We usually don't lose power in my neighborhood, but somehow ignoring all of the warnings seems like asking for it. DH just walked to the store for soda. Yep, Emergency Storm Soda.

We don't usually, either. I ran out and got emergency storm cider, earlier, when my husband was down at the pub watching the Skins game.

I also put in an emergency stash of craft supplies. :D

(I bought soda, too...:D)

I had a migraine yesterday. Never connected it to the pressure/weather, but maybe!

This summer, Ivan hit near us - well much closer than Sandy will. I had severe arthritic pain for about a week since that is how long our pressure was affected. I also get migraines before thunderstorms.

I have one local friend who started complaining about a migraine yesterday and was sure the storm was at fault.

I had a horrific headache Friday & Saturday. It finally went away this morning. I think it was because of all the barometric pressure changes. Sandy has passed our part of the country now (further north of us), so I think that's why my headache went away too.