Menu

Prayers for a local missing 12 year old girl

Update: Autumn's body was found last night. No arrests have been made. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. This is horrific.

This little one went off on her bike Saturday at lunch time and never came home. I cannot imagine the anguish, and can only offer as many prayers as possible for her. Thank you.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8183567

Edited by bzymom

It really boggles my mind to read these threads, and then we have the other ones where everyone is going on about how people are overprotective, and this hardly ever happens, and it's perfectly okay to let 7-year-olds keep an eye on the baby stroller, etc. etc. (and I'm thinking, yeah, it isn't the BABY that I'm worried aboout...)

It really boggles my mind to read these threads, and then we have the other ones where everyone is going on about how people are overprotective, and this hardly ever happens, and it's perfectly okay to let 7-year-olds keep an eye on the baby stroller, etc. etc. (and I'm thinking, yeah, it isn't the BABY that I'm worried aboout...)

:iagree: You took the thoughts right out of my head...(scary in there, isn't it?)

ETA: I am praying for Autumn's safe return.

Edited by CountitallJoy
praying

That Iowa case freaks me out!! TWO girls just up and disappeared!!!

There is speculation that the abduction was revenge related. The father of one of the girls was heavily into meth and may have been an informant.

I would bet anything they were abducted by someone they, or their dad, knew.

There is speculation that the abduction was revenge related. The father of one of the girls was heavily into meth and may have been an informant.

I would bet anything they were abducted by someone they, or their dad, knew.

I agree that's a possibilty but it's an awfully organized act for meth heads to take TWO young girls at the same time. As far as drugs go, meth heads aren't usually the "creme de la creme" of intellectual criminals. You get the recipe for meth from google. Now growing a decent crack crop, THAT takes some smarts!

I feel the same

This is just sick and awful :crying:

I was hoping for a positive update. So sad! I will pray for the family. It's really scary around here lately, with all the attempted abductions. Our local paper is listing 4 or 5 attempts in our county and the county next to us. I have heard there was an unreported one in our town, but I'm not sure if that is true or not. I can't imaging not reporting something like that.

So terrible. I can't even imagine the parents' pain.

Is it just me or is there a recent increase in the abduction/murder of girls 10-13? Maybe the media is just capturing my attention more, but it seems like there is just one right after another. Such a sad, sad state of the country when kids can't walk or ride their bikes alone in the middle of the day.

I'm curious, is anyone else going to change their bike riding policies partly as a result of this? I just recently started to allow Dd and Ds to ride around the block with our friends' children from across the street. I was thinking they'd be okay as part of a group. Now I'm not so sure.

This is so sad. I feel as though girls and women of all ages are more targeted than they've been at any time I can think of. You can't read the news without learning about someone who has gone missing, or been brutally murdered, that day, and often there's more than one story like that at a time. It used to be that something like that was very unusual, and now it's an everyday occurrence.

This is so sad. I feel as though girls and women of all ages are more targeted than they've been at any time I can think of. You can't read the news without learning about someone who has gone missing, or been brutally murdered, that day, and often there's more than one story like that at a time. It used to be that something like that was very unusual, and now it's an everyday occurrence.

I really think it's always been an everyday occurrence, we're just focusing on it and hearing more about it because of the media. Women and children have been victims throughout history, in every country of the world. For most of history, the abuse and violence weren't even newsworthy.

Over stupid bike parts?? REALLY?? What kind of lunatics would kill an innocent child over bike parts? Godspeed Autumn. :(

The article I read said that they lured her into the house by offering her bike parts. It was just an excuse thought up by sociopaths.

And of course, this happens just my DD10 is finally getting comfortable with and eager to begin riding her own bike. I hate that that freedom comes with such hideous risk :(

Update: Autumn's body was found last night. No arrests have been made. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. This is horrific.

This little one went off on her bike Saturday at lunch time and never came home. I cannot imagine the anguish, and can only offer as many prayers as possible for her. Thank you.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8183567

We're in NJ too and this has been so hard to shake...I have a 12 yo daughter, I have 15 and 17 yo sons and can not imagine young men that age doing such a thing...My heart is so hurting for 2 families destroyed by this:(!!! Praying for God to hold these families up in the midst of this horrible tragedy.

So terrible. I can't even imagine the parents' pain.

Is it just me or is there a recent increase in the abduction/murder of girls 10-13? Maybe the media is just capturing my attention more, but it seems like there is just one right after another. Such a sad, sad state of the country when kids can't walk or ride their bikes alone in the middle of the day.

I once read the most common age for abduction is age 13, and girls are abducted more often than boys. The most common time of day to be abducted is mid afternoon.

The article I read mentioned that the investigators found the girl's bike IN the suspects home. I also read that the mother of the suspects made the phone call after reading some suspect posts on Facebook, and the boys turned themselves in.

How devastating for these families.

No, statistics do not support this. The only thing that has changed is media coverage and internet - you know immediately what happens half way across the country. This does not mirro an actual rise in crimes.