Menu

Do you push in your chair?

Do you push in your chair when you get up from a table (choose all that apply)?  

1. 1. Do you push in your chair when you get up from a table (choose all that apply)?

• yes, at home
    • yes, in a restaurant
    • yes, at other people's houses
    • yes, but only at places where fancy etiquette is used
    • no, never
    • other

So far I'm the only one who pushes my chair in at other places but not at home. I'll push in chairs if they block the flow of traffic, but otherwise I usually leave them out. I hate needing to pull a chair out with my feet because my hands are full and I have nowhere to sit.

So far I'm the only one who pushes my chair in at other places but not at home. I'll push in chairs if they block the flow of traffic, but otherwise I usually leave them out. I hate needing to pull a chair out with my feet because my hands are full and I have nowhere to sit.

I do this as well. The chairs in my formal dining room (which we never use) are pushed in, but the ones in the kitchen are usually left out. They don't get in the way.

Always, but I'm the only one who does. Even my mom doesn't, so I have no idea where I picked it up from - but it is a *thing* for me, and I push in any chairs that need it as I pass the table. (And I push in mine right as I get up. Annoying when I end up sitting back down 2 minutes later, but there ya go :tongue_smilie:.)

I voted 'YES' to at home, at restaurants, and at other people's houses.

But, I also voted 'other' because no one else in my family seems to have inherited the 'push in the chair' gene and if I trip over the stools in the kitchen by the island one more time I may have to be locked up for the rest of my natural life because I will do bodily harm to the offender. (Ah, it feels good to get that off my chest. Can we tell this is a point of irritation in my home?:glare:)

At home no. We almost never eat at the kitchen table. It is usually too covered with school items. At the end of the day we stack the chairs on it and push the whole table back. The house is tiny, having the table out with chairs around makes it harder to move around, so the whole thing gets tucked in lol But in other people's homes or if we eat out yes I do tuck in my chair.