Menu

Now *this* is a nightmare!!

Oh my gosh! we would never have clean clothes again!

ROFL

I think I'd be taking it all to the laundromat.

I remember a few years ago, there were a number of people who found snakes in their toilets (here in Jersey). I STILL don't just sit down without looking first!

CREEPY!!!!!

I once reached into a basement laundry hamper to get out the last wadded up sock left in there. Hm. It didn't feel right. I looked at what I was doing and saw that I was attempted to unroll a MOUSE!

It was dead. It must have fallen into the laundry hamper and gotten buried somehow.

I screamed. I dropped the mouse, I did a gross-out dance all over the basement, screaming like a loon. Then I washed my hands several times in succession.

Then I had to sit down and NOT go in the basement for a while.

Dh dealt with the mouse.

I once reached into a basement laundry hamper to get out the last wadded up sock left in there. Hm. It didn't feel right. I looked at what I was doing and saw that I was attempted to unroll a MOUSE!

It was dead. It must have fallen into the laundry hamper and gotten buried somehow.

I screamed. I dropped the mouse, I did a gross-out dance all over the basement, screaming like a loon. Then I washed my hands several times in succession.

Dh dealt with the mouse.

Gross-out dance!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would've soaked my hands in bleach.

Dh dealt with the mouse.

laughing021.gifThis is just way too funny!laughing021.gif

I don't think I could ever return to that laundry again.:001_huh:

I opened the washing machine once and found a mouse running around along the top of the tub - I screamed real loud.:)

Our w/d are in the garage so I often pitch old dishtowels and dishrags on the floor in front of them. Several times I have reached down, picked up part of the pile and found snakes underneath (itty bitty guys). If I ever see one that is 8 feet long, this house is going on the market!

Snakes don't bother me nearly as much as spiders.....:001_huh:

In fact a few summers ago, you would have found me hanging out of my bay window beating on a 6 foot black snake that managed to get into the eaves of our house.

There I was hanging out the window beating this snake with my broom handle. Some birds had built a nest up there and he had one of them. I heard the cacophony of birds in the back yard and looked......

I cannot tell you how surprised I was to see that snake squeezing that bird while parts of his body was hanging from this hole in the eaves.......

Give me a broom and I get'em for ya........:lol: That or a .38

Let me see a spider....and you will see the smoke coming off my shoes from where I high tailed it out of there......

By the way....that hole has been permanently sealed...apparently my husband doesn't like heights and would prefer that I not make him climb a 20ft ladder to make sure there is no snake in the hole....I was looking out for the birds....really I was.

It would have startled me...no doubt! But I would have removed the snake myself....and we would probably have kept the little darling...:lol:

Same here LOL :D

Never found a snake in the house, but we have mice here all the time - despite having six cats. :tongue_smilie: ...Last winter, I went to put my snowboots on and felt something in the toe of the right one - I reached in, felt something soft that I couldn't quite grab (tall boots, bad angle), and assumed it was a cat toy or something (one of the cats does often stog things in the footwear)...I tapped the boot on it's heel to dislodge the 'toy' and then tipped it upside down - out fell one very startled looking mouse. He'd been napping in the toe of the boot and I'd woken the poor little guy with quite a jolt! ;)

I never had a snake but shortly after we got our new washer and dryer (this was when we lived in WI near a swampy state park) we just put the old ones on the other side of the basement since my brother wanted them. As I was doing laundry one night I saw something fuzzy moving out from under the old dryer. I assumed it was another field mouse like the one that got stuck in my kids bedroom window (it was trying to escape but my kids thought it was a new pet and he got stuck between the inside window and the storm window)

Anyway I looked again and thought,"Boy that mouse is moving awfully slow" I got a dish and went to scoop it up to put it outside (yes I must deal with this as dh is somewhere in the Persian Gulf during the incident) and when I look a little closer I realize it is a Mud Puppy salamandar[/url that had crawled up under the dryer and become coated with old lint:lol:

I took him up and rinsed him off. Then the kids and I took him back to the state park and released him near the lake.

I guess I've gotten used to odd things because in florida the geckos and little green tree frogs were always getting into the house.

Dh dealt with the mouse.

Strider, I picture you as so calm and collected - I am LOL at the image of you doing a gross-out dance and screaming! Too funny!

OMG!!!!! Yech!!!!!!

Because of this board, I cannot sit down on the toilet without checking for snakes and other rodents. Now, I cannot do laundry either????? I guess I'm glad I taught the kids to do laundry. It's much better that they find the snake than I!

ACK!

:lol: This is why we all need an Alice (think Brady Bunch)!

It would have startled me...no doubt! But I would have removed the snake myself....and we would probably have kept the little darling...:lol:

I had the same thought! But I love snakes. I don't know if I would have kept one that large as a pet. He'd probably eat my mini dachshunds for lunch. :glare: