Menu

Cute/cool backpack that's not "too little kid-ish"

Dd13 is looking for a backpack to use for homeschool co-op. She has looked on Lands End and LL Bean but would like to see some more options. Do you have other ideas of sites to check out? She likes the PB Teen ones, but they're expensive. I don't exactly know what she's looking for... I think it's a "I'll know it when I see it" situation. (Sheesh, does shopping get harder as they get older! :001_huh:)

Thanks for in advance for suggestions!

I got my girls Dakine backpacks for high school. They have lots of different styles - look for ones that are for books, not outdoors. The one I got them has places for pens, a laptop, and built-in insulated pocket for lunches - I think it was the Prom or the Eve. You can find them cheaper if you look around online - I got both of ours on sale/free shipping.

I got my girls Dakine backpacks for high school. They have lots of different styles - look for ones that are for books, not outdoors. The one I got them has places for pens, a laptop, and built-in insulated pocket for lunches - I think it was the Prom or the Eve. You can find them cheaper if you look around online - I got both of ours on sale/free shipping.

I agree that Dakine has a lot of styles that are girlish without being childish. We just got a backpack in the fabric style called Lolani which my daughter picked out and really likes:

http://www.amazon.com/Dakine-Girls-Hana-Pack-Lolani/dp/B004X531HW/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1345499736&sr=1-3&keywords=dakine+lolani

Target. Dd found this one in the purse section. It's more of an olive green, and it has leather trim (much prettier than this picture! http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=backpacks&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories#navigation=true&Nao=420&viewType=medium&sortBy=relevance&isleaf=false&parentCategoryId=0&RatingFacet=0&customPrice=false&productsCount=798

Link takes you to the page it's on, but not directly to it. It's the tan looking one by Mossimo that says it's army green.

It was on sale for $25 in store last week

Sale Price $29.99online price

Mossimo Supply Co. Army Green Canvas Backpack

Edited by Unicorn

Messenger bags are in right now..

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/bagnabitbags/4663778/Hunger_Games_Messenger_Bag_Mockingjay_Large_Black_Laptop_Bag/Bags_Purses/Messenger_Case

Normally I wouldn't think this was sturdy enough, but DD is only using it one day a week for a co-op type thing. She also hasn't had a new one for 3 years - since we started homeschooling!