Menu

S/o....what songs haveyour kids burst out singing....

That have made you want to hide in a cave??

Today, while we were visiting with friends, ds 10, burst out singing American Girl...by Tom Petty.

Oh yeah, Alright...

Take it easy baby, make it last all night....

She was....:001_huh::001_huh::001_huh:

Oh my goodness....where is that cave?

I'm Sexy and I Know It (it was performed several times by the male lead in a children's theater production we saw, with enough repetition for both boys to learn a bit of the song well enough to re-perform it. ) We had to have a talk about that one.

Back in Black (the 6 yo). He learned snippets of it from Megamind.

ds 5 loves to sing "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night" whenever he gets the chance.

ds 3 is well known for his performance of "Born to be Wild"

Neither actually makes me want to hide in a cave; they're both fun songs. BUT whenever they do this, people (especially family) looked shocked that MY kids would know these songs. Their kids all know songs much less mild, but it's assumed that my children only know church songs and nursery rhymes. I guess I come across as the sheltering sort.

ds 5 loves to sing "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night" whenever he gets the chance.

ds 3 is well known for his performance of "Born to be Wild"

Neither actually makes me want to hide in a cave; they're both fun songs. BUT whenever they do this, people (especially family) looked shocked that MY kids would know these songs. Their kids all know songs much less mild, but it's assumed that my children only know church songs and nursery rhymes. I guess I come across as the sheltering sort.

:D

My kids have been known to break out a power ballad or 2.....or Godzilla.....or.....:lol::lol:

"I'm sexy and I know it" from the M&Ms commercial. First time I heard my 4yo sing it I went ballistic and demanded to know where he heard that song! Dh said from the M&M commercial and I about lost it. An M&M commercial? Really? You couldn't have picked a better song than THAT? :glare:

My 6yo ds started singing "Moves Like Jagger" when I dropped him off at VBS a few weeks ago.

I'd made the mistake of telling him that he'd be playing games and singing songs, and apparently, he thought "Moves Like Jagger" would be a good song choice... for VBS. :blink:

That would be when my then-3.5yo stood on the playground structure and sang in his best Johnny Cash impression:

"I shot a man in Reno...just to watch him die..."

He sang more of it, but it was that line that made me look around for a cave;).

La Vie Boheme from Rent - (when she was around 12) - yikes

:lol: Not too many people would know that one to know what she was singing about atleast...it is really fun to belt out "Why Dorothy and Todo went over the rainbow...":lol:

When *I* was 12yo, I went around singing things like "The Movie in My Mind" from Miss Saigon and "Moonfall" from Edwin Drood.:blush:

My 6yo likes "I like to move it, move it." I have kept a tight reign on the radio dial...

It's not my child but it was one of my co-worker's kids who is only 3...

While we were at the zoo today, they had sprinklers going. When he went under the sprinkler he started singing the song "It's raining men". It was so hilarious. The aunt just turned to everyone and said, "That's his Uncles influence".:lol:

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown. Sung by a 4yo girl, belted out over a park with all the stage oomph she could muster. :p

This is the same kid who went through Target chanting "Give me death! Give me death!" at the top of her patriotic lungs last time we covered the Revolutionary War. She slowly grows tact as she gets older, but she still lives for a spotlight.