Menu

Man catches child falling three stories

Amazing! The artcle posted said mom stepped out of the room for a moment and the little girl climbed out the window onto the A/C unit. I like when Mr. St Bernard was told the family and neighbors were calling him a hero and he said "No a hero's a sandwich I just say a kid and that's that" When he said he kept saying please let me catch her, please let me catch her, I could totally see myself saying the same thing if I had been there.

Too bad more people didn't have that mindset in protecting kids.

The video mentions the mom stepped out of the room for "only a minute", that the girl was autistic, and slipped through a crack in between the window and a/c.

I am SO GLAD that this girl was caught by Mr. St. Bernard. He seems like a good guy who was just in the right place at the right time-- in the right mindset.

In other news, this only confirms that I am never putting a window A/C in my kids room. (We live on the third floor...)

The video mentions the mom stepped out of the room for "only a minute", that the girl was autistic, and slipped through a crack in between the window and a/c.

I am SO GLAD that this girl was caught by Mr. St. Bernard. He seems like a good guy who was just in the right place at the right time-- in the right mindset.

In other news, this only confirms that I am never putting a window A/C in my kids room. (We live on the third floor...)

I'm glad that the mom was there. I've stepped out of the room for a minute too and had things happen - never anything so dramatic, but small things. So I get it. Our local news didn't include that part.

What a perfect name!!!

Kids are crazy with special needs or not. I don't judge mom at all. What if she needed to potty.

:iagree::iagree:

She could have been playing Farmville. But MAYBE, just maybe she was peeing or making her child a snack or getting a new book from the shelf. I love how we just start climbing all over the mother though.

Kids do stupid things. This was stupid. Autistic or not, kids do stupid things. That's why we call them ACCIDENTS. We're lucky in this case that there was a nop-sandwich hero there. :)

:iagree::iagree:

She could have been playing Farmville. But MAYBE, just maybe she was peeing or making her child a snack or getting a new book from the shelf. I love how we just start climbing all over the mother though.

Kids do stupid things. This was stupid. Autistic or not, kids do stupid things. That's why we call them ACCIDENTS. We're lucky in this case that there was a nop-sandwich hero there. :)

Nobody was climbing all over the mother. All I did was to report what my child said based on what my local news said - which did not mention the parents. My child found it surprising that they wouldn't have mentioned the parents or their reaction at all. It made her wonder where they were. So maybe I'm climbing all over my local news station.

Nobody was climbing all over the mother. All I did was to report what my child said based on what my local news said - which did not mention the parents. My child found it surprising that they wouldn't have mentioned the parents or their reaction at all. It made her wonder where they were. So maybe I'm climbing all over my local news station.

And that's why I didn't quote you.

But if you go and read any of the articles on this story anywhere on the net, about 80% of the comments are, "Where was the mother??"

This includes even the stories where the mother is mentioned... :glare:

Kids are crazy with special needs or not. I don't judge mom at all. What if she needed to potty.

I can totally understand this as I have my own potty break story. Not nearly as dramatic but it taught me early on that so much can happen in that short time. And it was just a quick break, not a long break. The only thing that saved us that day was that the car wouldn't start because ds couldn't push the clutch pedal all the way in.

Wow! My daughter and I both cried reading and watching that. I agree that it was most likely just one of those things that can happen when Mom isn't looking for a split second. I know that crazy things have happened around here when I've turned my back. Maybe not as crazy as falling out of a window, but I can't condemn the mother for being human and it makes me sad that the general public most likely will. This something to be happy about, not accusatory!