Menu

Pray for DS1, please - pneumonia

DS 1, Andy, is at the University of Rhode Island. He is attending the German Summer School there, which is a 6 week course at the end of which he will earn 8 semester hours of credit.

On Weds, July 11, at 2 a.m., the program director took him to the ER because he couldn't breathe. He was dx'd with pneumonia and given antibiotics. The docs said he would be much better by Monday.

Meanwhile, the people at the German Summer School are taking excellent care of Andy, and he does not want me to go there.

Yesterday, he was taken to the hospital to get IV antibiotics, and a stronger regular antibiotic was prescribed. Afterward, he could stand and walk, so the director was hoping that he would be able to eat some pizza for dinner. He had been eating things like bananas and yogurt, and drinking lots of water. These folks are taking incredibly good care of him.

Today, he has to see a pulmonologist because he is still coughing a lot and can only fill 1/4 to 1/2 of his lung capacity when he breathes.

I would appreciate prayers for Andy, and for the professors and staff at the German Summer School.

Someone told me that pneumonia is not contagious, but if it is, please pray that no one else in the program gets this. A friend of Andy's in Atlanta had pneumonia a few weeks ago, and ended up being hospitalized for a week.

Aside from him being sick, this is the one big thing we have been able to do for Andy, using some money DH inherited. It was cheaper for him to attend this program than to spend the summer in Germany. He has been looking forward to it like a little kid looks forward to Santa coming. The finals for semester one were last Friday ... and he can make them up. Semester two begins today, and he will be too sick to go to classes. Since they are moving at a super-fast pace, I don't know if he can catch up.

Thank you for your prayers. I am very, very appreciative.

RC