Magic School Bus: The Complete Series (52 episodes) releases soon

Nestof3

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Barnes & Noble has it now for $47.99.

I preordered it and it shipped on 7/30. They lowered the price on 7/31.

(I was able to get a price adjustment by calling, but I am not sure they exactly have a policy on it. However since I could return to the store the unopened one and repurchase at the lower price, I don't think it's in their interest to be too difficult.)

All 52 are on Discovery Education Streaming - I've loaded them on our iPod, and then the terrible quality is just fine! ;)

LOL! The terrible quality (and the $43 deal) just pushed me over the edge. I went ahead and ordered. They will come in handy for carschooling the preschooler.

I'd be ordering this, if I hadn't wasted all my money on Calculadder that expects you to give the student the exact same worksheet for weeks in a row :confused:

It's only the 5th and my book/education/art budget is almost gone. At least I know the videos will be there next month, and I don't need them for any students I have this month, so it's all good. I get B&N coupons all the time.

I like Magic School Bus as much as I like Bill Nye. Students learn more from these videos than they do from years of completed textbooks. They really work. Especially for students who are overwhelmed with skills courses that are reducing them to tears on a daily basis. A warm drink and a video is the best way for them to pace themselves before hitting the next skill. They even learn the skills better, because they are fresher in general.

Less really is more sometimes.

:thumbup: for Magic School Bus, even though we don't have them here, and I haven't seen an episode in years.

If it makes you feel any better, I purchased the set from B&N shortly after midnight only to discover that the 15% off coupon code expired on 8/5/12. I was literally only minutes away from saving $7 more - NOOOOOOOOOO!

Still, it's a nice deal whether purchased from Amazon or B&N, so thank you for sharing it! :thumbup:

You guys are lucky ducks.

Amazon.ca has it priced at $69.99 - which apparently is a great deal since their regular price is $99.99 :glare:

No coupon codes, no other discounts available.

I REALLY wanted to get this for the kids so that once baby arrives in the fall - at least some science will get done :tongue_smilie: But not at $70.

I like Magic School Bus as much as I like Bill Nye. Students learn more from these videos than they do from years of completed textbooks. They really work. Especially for students who are overwhelmed with skills courses that are reducing them to tears on a daily basis. A warm drink and a video is the best way for them to pace themselves before hitting the next skill. They even learn the skills better, because they are fresher in general.

Less really is more sometimes.

What she said. :)

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I'm going to use some simple experiment books with them. Looking forward to science this year.

You guys are lucky ducks.

Amazon.ca has it priced at $69.99 - which apparently is a great deal since their regular price is $99.99 :glare:

No coupon codes, no other discounts available.

I REALLY wanted to get this for the kids so that once baby arrives in the fall - at least some science will get done :tongue_smilie: But not at $70.

Here in the US, it is priced at $56.85, with a regular price of $79.85. Still, B & N is the better deal here.

I just traded all my old Magic School Bus dvds to amazon. Now I want to get a good deal on the new set. Does anyone have a working code for Barnes & Noble? I don't use Visa (it sounds like you need one for the code above).

I didn't think of that. I used DVD swap and moved each credit over to PBS as two credits.

I didn't think of that. I used DVD swap and moved each credit over to PBS as two credits.

If you can believe it, I will be getting $40 credit for 7 dvds. That's mostly because one of them was valued at $20, while the rest were 6 for $20. Weird.

So do you think it is worth $70?????

:confused: I was clarifying the US pricing is still what it was at the beginning of the thread, since the rest of the quotes were in US dollars. I had a "still" in the first sentence which I took out because of my use of "still" in the second sentence.

But, I can't answer your question. I have no idea where the Canadian dollar is trading, so it could be a terrible deal, a great deal, or simply the exact equivalent. If it is a much better deal based on exchange, perhaps you can pick up a US version in a secondary market like ebay...

:confused: I was clarifying the US pricing is still what it was at the beginning of the thread, since the rest of the quotes were in US dollars. I had a "still" in the first sentence which I took out because of my use of "still" in the second sentence.

But, I can't answer your question. I have no idea where the Canadian dollar is trading, so it could be a terrible deal, a great deal, or simply the exact equivalent. If it is a much better deal based on exchange, perhaps you can pick up a US version in a secondary market like ebay...

Sorry - I meant that if it was $70 - would you still think it was worth spending the $$. Obviously it is a GREAT deal that you guys are getting, and that won't be happening here so I was just trying to figure out if it would be worth paying the $$ for here.

I decided to bite the bullet & just buy it. Once baby arrives, at least they can learn SOMETHING science-related.

And I discovered that the scholastic website has classroom lesson plans for many, if not all, of the episodes!!! So you can print off worksheets, colouring sheets, experiments, etc. So at least I can hand them something else besides the DVD and call it a day!!!

$70 for 8 discs? (Again, I'm thinking in US dollars, I'm sorry, I don't travel to CA these days to give you a truly educated opinion). Yes, I'd do it!

My problem is we own all the ones previously released. I am thinking they are worth the $56 US even though we have 14 -18? duplicates...

HTH!!!

Bummer -- I should have waited. :glare:

I know. I was so annoyed. I got the price but no coupon. Oh well. I swear, I won't pre order anything again. The b&n customer service person told me the price went down on 7/31 -- so that would be immediately after they shipped off the preorders.

I know. I was so annoyed. I got the price but no coupon. Oh well. I swear, I won't pre order anything again. The b&n customer service person told me the price went down on 7/31 -- so that would be immediately after they shipped off the preorders.

I never pre-order. Ever.