Menu

Fashionistas: Which color shoe???

So I have real big problems over here. I want to order these sandals, but can't decide between the two colors. (I'd get both if I could justify the money, but sadly, not an option.)

http://www.zappos.com/product/7990711/color/360862

Which one should I get? I kind of like the brown more, but already have a pair of brown sandals, although a different style. Right now I'm wearing white cuffed jeans with a navy gauzy top, and the gold ones would look perfect. I'm leaning towards the gold. But the brown are so cute! What's a girl to do?

So I have real big problems over here. I want to order these sandals, but can't decide between the two colors. (I'd get both if I could justify the money, but sadly, not an option.)

http://www.zappos.com/product/7990711/color/360862

Which one should I get? I kind of like the brown more, but already have a pair of brown sandals, although a different style. Right now I'm wearing white cuffed jeans with a navy gauzy top, and the gold ones would look perfect. I'm leaning towards the gold. But the brown are so cute! What's a girl to do?

a) you have a beautiful style

b) and a great sense of fun

c) I'd go with the brown, but I'm a mouse

d) and thank you for reminding me about this site because I needed yellow sandals to complete my niece's gift.

e) I also think the gold is "too much gold" but you gold girl!

Alley

I think it depends. I like the classic tone of the brown, but with the outfit you described the gold would be great. I don't think it's too much, I have a pair of gold fashion boat shoes I just got, so there you go.

I do think the sandals are a statement, but the gold adds to it.

I think it might also depend on your skin tone. I am ghastly pale and the gold would create a more neutral look in those sandals on me. The brown with a skirt would create a heavier looking foot, which you may not want.

That style of sandal makes a statement anyway, why not go all the way. *nudge*:D

a) you have a beautiful style

b) and a great sense of fun

c) I'd go with the brown, but I'm a mouse

d) and thank you for reminding me about this site because I needed yellow sandals to complete my niece's gift.

e) I also think the gold is "too much gold" but you gold girl!

Alley

Aw, what a cute post, thank you! I'm still torn, but leaning towards the gold just because I do think I want something lighter for summer. I'm tempted to order both on my credit card and then return one - that way at least I can try them on and see for myself.

Big problems, I tell ya.

Aw, what a cute post, thank you! I'm still torn, but leaning towards the gold just because I do think I want something lighter for summer. I'm tempted to order both on my credit card and then return one - that way at least I can try them on and see for myself.

Big problems, I tell ya.

:lol: My funny Italian grandma used to say, "oh, the problems we have, my darling."

But I agree with you: brown doesn't say "summer" whereas gold screams it! Have fun.

Alley

I love the gold, but I wouldn't get them unless you plan to wear them only occasionally. I wouldn't wear them as much. I'd probably save them for dressier occasions.

If you already have one or two pairs of brown for everyday, then go for the gold ones. Otherwise, I'd definitely buy the brown. You'll get the most wear out of them.

If I was fun and young and bold I would order the gold.

I'm boring and practical though so I would order the brown. (Don't be like me - order the gold!!!)

See everything is local. I live at the shore and the only women wearing that much gold on their feet also have at least 20 years on me and "old lady red" dyed hair too. ;) Hence my "that's a lot of gold" thought.

I don't understand the idea that the gold is not as versatile as the brown.

*I* would wear the gold with more colors than the brown. I would wear the gold with brown, white, blue (navy or denim), and they could also be worn with black (not the case for the brown).

I don't understand the idea that the gold is not as versatile as the brown.

*I* would wear the gold with more colors than the brown. I would wear the gold with brown, white, blue (navy or denim), and they could also be worn with black (not the case for the brown).

I completely agree with all of the above. To me, metallics are fashionable and serve as a neutral. The gold would be a fun, stylish summery choice. :D

I completely agree with all of the above. To me, metallics are fashionable and serve as a neutral. The gold would be a fun, stylish summery choice. :D

I say the gold because it's fashionable right now. Plus, it's not boring.

I like the Gold much better.

Late to the party, but :iagree:with the above. Gold is the color right now and I think it is a neutral too.