Menu

Best staining removing laundry detergent for very dirty kid's clothes?

I use Arm and Hammer- but I contribute my lack of stains to adding OxyClean. If something is particularly bad (think baby blow-outs!), you can soak it in a bucket of OxyClean before washing or get an OxyClean Max Force that you can spray directly on a smaller stain. I've had great luck with it.

Oxyclean did an amazing job on the yellowed, cotton lace tablecloth crocheted by my grandma about 40 years ago.

I also remember reading a stain removal recipe in the Tightwad Gazette book by Amy Dacyzyn (sp?) using Cascade and Clorox 2. I googled and found it here. Scroll down to the middle of the page for the recipe. Good luck!

I use Seventh Generation 4x liquid, and haven't noticed a trend in stains. There are occasional stains, and then I use the Tightwad Gazette soak mentioned above (which works fine with modern Cascade, despite reviews to the contrary).

I ditched Oxyclean when I discovered that it leaves a residue, even after multiple rinses, that turns fluorescent yellow in the presence of urine. (Not that anyone routinely has urine on their clothes anymore, just that the residue reaction on diapers creeped me out).

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Almost 38 years of being a happy Amway laundry-detergent user. :-) If I feel the need, I can add a non-chlorine bleach or an enzyme additive (especially good for *dirt*, as from digging in the garden), or use a pre-wash spray. Used Amway products on baby clothes and diapers, and with Mr. Ellie's sensitive skin. I've had the same excellent results in hard water and soft, top-loading washer and front-loader, liquid and powder detergents. It's all good.

I use the Costco liquid detergent in the orange bottle (much like Tide), and a huge scoop of Oxyclean. I have never had the fluorescing yellow pee happen (and there has been opportunity). I stop the washer cycle in the middle so the clothes soak in it all for about 30 minutes. And. I pretreat some stains with Spray n Wash.

I use Tide HE and I pretreat almost everything with Resolve on all stains. I tell my dh all the time that I should buy stock in Resolve :glare:. I go through a ton and I usually buy the big Costco container. Almost everyone has spots on their clothes that I spray before I load the washer.

Tide is the best for stains, Method has been second best. I alternate, depending on what I'm washing. So sheets/towels/stuff that isn't stained get Method, and cloth diapers do most of the time. Every now and then I do a round with Tide for the stuff that is really yucky. And I use Oxyclean spray to pretreat when I can think of it.

I use purex with my four wild ones clothes and then pretreat stains with whatever pretreater spray I have on hand, or I rub a zote bar on the stain. Now, we have fairly soft water here and it works fine here. Purex didn't work as well for us but powdered tide worked best in AZ with hard water... It really is determined by the water source, imo!

eta: I have even pretreated using the cheap blue original dawn dish soap!

Almost 38 years of being a happy Amway laundry-detergent user. :-) If I feel the need, I can add a non-chlorine bleach or an enzyme additive (especially good for *dirt*, as from digging in the garden), or use a pre-wash spray. Used Amway products on baby clothes and diapers, and with Mr. Ellie's sensitive skin. I've had the same excellent results in hard water and soft, top-loading washer and front-loader, liquid and powder detergents. It's all good.

I didn't realize Amway still existed!

I use Tide HE and I pretreat almost everything with Resolve on all stains. I tell my dh all the time that I should buy stock in Resolve :glare:. I go through a ton and I usually buy the big Costco container. Almost everyone has spots on their clothes that I spray before I load the washer.

I bought the big bottle of this the other day at Costco.

For stains recently I have been using Nature's Miracle in the washer. It has gotten out some really tough ones (organic stuff).

I use OxyClean too but the Nature's Miracle truly is a miracle on some gross kid stains.

Do you put the Nature's Miracle directly on the stains, or do you just fire some into the washer with the detergent?

I'm going to try it on the laundry and hope my husband doesn't notice that I'm using the same product to clean his clothes and the catbox. Something tells me that wouldn't sit right with him. :)

I use this stuff called M-30. Got it from Family Dollar. I haven't bought it in a while as it lasts so long, but it cures a multitude of evils.

Found it on amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/M30-01001-Hand-Cleaner/dp/B000J5AJ5W

I only use it for the more tenacious looking ones as it's innately goopy. It's not something to put a blob in the wash and let her rip. You have to APPLY it (smudge it into) the fabric (like a stain stick) and let it sit a few minutes then wash. I've never tried it on my delicates either, just on grass stains, marker, blood stains (:eek:), etc. It's worked quite a number of miracles.

I use this stuff called M-30. Got it from Family Dollar. I haven't bought it in a while as it lasts so long, but it cures a multitude of evils.

Found it on amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/M30-01001-Hand-Cleaner/dp/B000J5AJ5W

I only use it for the more tenacious looking ones as it's innately goopy. It's not something to put a blob in the wash and let her rip. You have to APPLY it (smudge it into) the fabric (like a stain stick) and let it sit a few minutes then wash. I've never tried it on my delicates either, just on grass stains, marker, blood stains (:eek:), etc. It's worked quite a number of miracles.

I've never heard of this stuff. I'll have to check it out!