Menu

My skin is soooo dry......

Both Artistry and Jordan Essentials have very nice hand/body lotions and body butters.

I found an old favorite: Jergen's. Love the fragrance (reminds me of my childhood), and it feels good. :-) It's also inexpensive.

I use skin care "systems:" cleanser, toner, moisturizer. I've been happy with Clinique and Artistry. I don't use a lotion/moisturizer alone.

Both Artistry and Jordan Essentials have very nice hand/body lotions and body butters.

I found an old favorite: Jergen's. Love the fragrance (reminds me of my childhood), and it feels good. :-) It's also inexpensive.

I use skin care "systems:" cleanser, toner, moisturizer. I've been happy with Clinique and Artistry. I don't use a lotion/moisturizer alone.

Do you use Jergen's on your face?? I love Jergen's too.

Vanicream is a fantastic lotion - no perfumes, doesn't feel goopy, and stops the dryness. I usually order mine from my pharmacy - a really good, large pharmacy might have some on hand. It costs more than most lotions but it worth it!

Another good one I recently tried is Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. It is on the shelf at Wallyworld. Feels really nice and I've been using it on my face, too.

I use grapeseed oil and aloe vera most of the time. I buy this one at Vitacost

For my face I use 2 drops (literally) with about 1/2 inch of 100% pure aloe vera. I have Very sensitive skin and this works wonders for my face and body. I make sure to not put much on my forehead so I don't get the oil on my bangs but other than that, I use the combination everywhere.

For times when I want a body lotion, I love Alba Botanicals Very Emollient Body Lotion. I buy it at Whole Foods or New Seasons Market in the 32 ounce pumps. I do not use this on my face. It is free of artificial colors, parabens, phthalates, sl/sls/sms.

If I want a drug store brand (if I can't get to my regular stores) I really like Aveno lotion. DD13 finds that Alba is a little heavy for her, but she likes the Aveno brand, so I buy it for her.

If I want a traditional lotion for my face, I use Nutragena oil free/combination skin lotion.

I was going to say any food-grade oil (grapeseed, olive) but I find them too greasy. I prefer coconut oil or kukui nut oil. The former is easier to find and easy enough to use in other applications should it be too heavy of a moisturizer for you; the latter is pricier but so very smooth and excellent for dehydrated skin.

I have naturally oily skin but my job leaves the skin very dehydrated. It's a weird combination but I've used various oils for years and have found that to be the best. The only trick is that I use it at night, with spot applications (as necessary) first thing in the morning - this gives it enough time to soak in before I apply my make-up (without it causing issues with my make-up).

CeraVe. It is the only thing that really helps dd's very dry sensitive, eczema skin. I use it too. Clinique has a nice deep moisturizer that feels pretty good too. I also like Curel.

Cerave is amazing! I use the PM formula night and day on my very dry skin, and it makes my rosacea almost undetectable.

Drink water. Every. single. day. Google how much you should drink based on your weight, activity level, health issues, etc. Awesome side benefit. You will start to lose weight. I started drinking water and I don't need moisturizers for my body any longer.

I take flaxseed oil regularly - that helps keep my skin moisturised from the inside out.

Drink water. Every. single. day. Google how much you should drink based on your weight, activity level, health issues, etc.

:iagree:

Water and inner hydration are essential.

Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish (three times a week), or flaxseed (start with half a teaspoon daily), or by taking omega-3 supplements.

Be sure to balance your omega-3s with beneficial gamma-linoleic acids from evening primrose oil or borage oil (1000 to 2000 mg daily).

Add a daily dose of 400 IU Vitamin E as well to prevent oxidation of EFAs and reduce inflammation. When taking vitamin E, take d-alpha only, NOT dl.

Avoid trans fats, fried foods, and excessive sugar, all of which affect the skin’s production of healthy oils.

Antioxidant vitamins A (up to 10,000 IUs if pregnant; up to 25,000 IUs otherwise) and E (start with 400 IUs/day), EFAs like flaxseed and GLA-90.

Stay hydrated with plenty of water and moisture-rich fruits and veggies – such as cucumbers and apples.

Thanks all!! I drink tons of water!

I think I am dry due to our woodstove . Even though I run a humidifier AND use a pot of water on top.

I like the idea of coconut oil. I never thought to use it for moisturizing.....

Thanks for the suggestions.....I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Not sure if it's something you would need but due to my extremely sensitive dry skin I used First Aid Beauty Cream. The only place I know of to buy it is Sephora. It's a bit pricey but it's the only lotion I can use without it tearing up my skin. I've tried all the drugstore lotions and creams for sensitive skin and they really irritated me. I use the cream on my face during the winter but switch to the actual face cream during the summer.

I use jojoba oil on my face. It absorbs quickly and is not greasy.

Internally I take fish oil and gotu kola. Fish oil keeps my skin from being dry, gotu kola makes it feel like silk and made those bumps on my arms and hips go away.

http://www.kiehls.com/Ultimate-Strength-Hand-Salve/522,default,pd.html?start=2&cgid=body-moisturizers

I really love the above hand cream, although I wish there were a natural version. We use it on the rest of our body too. My mom is a nurse in a cold climate and it keeps her hands healthy instead of dried out with all the hand washing she has to do. With other moisturizers I had to use them everyday. I only need to use this one once a week so the cost is worth it!