Menu

Easter desserts...

we're doing a chocolate cheesecake. It's easy. to dress it up, add melba sauce. it's not easter without chocolate.

or we do have a bakery here that does a wonderful white cake with raspberry filling and marzipan icing. or a coconut white chocolate cake . . (I haven't found a recipie I like, and the restaurant I always got it at went out of business.)

fancy: vanilla bean panna cotta with berry sauce, flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and whipped cream, lemon curd tarts

simple: eclair cake, chocolate chip cinnamon coffee cake, berry fougasse (focaccia dough minus the herbs, top with berries and crumble topping)

This year for our celebration we're doing the flourless chocolate cake, mini lemon curd shortbread tarts, and the berry fougasse.

You mean there is more for dessert than the chocolate bunny? :001_huh:;)

I personally think the bunny is sufficient. :D

My sister-in-law has asked me to bring a dessert for Easter, but it can't be a pie, because someone's already making a pie. It also can't be cheesecake, 'cause niece is already making a cheesecake. The bummer is that I'm already making lovely lemon cheesecakes and Cookies & Creme cheesecakes for work, and that would have been so very easy for me to bring {sigh}.

I'm having trouble becoming enthusiastic about anything else. :001_huh:

I'm also making carrot cakes, but I'm so very bored with that.

I could make a coconut cake, but they don't have anything chocolate yet, so maybe a chocolate layer cake? (also boring :001_huh:)

I guess I could do a coconut cake and some chocolate sauce that people could pour over it if they're so inclined.

I'm just really *bored*. :tongue_smilie: