Menu

I hurt but am fine. Nurse fussed at me for not using meds when I'm obviously in pain. I finally pushed the button and am going to try some breathing.

I was thankful agency worker said new kiddos won't be here til tomorrow afternoon.

Oh and my pre-op nurse is a fostermom who is also upgrading to group home status in order to take a sibling.

Pamela, is there a reason you aren't taking the meds? They are prescribed to help you! I hope that your recovery goes smoothly.

:iagree:

Unless the meds are making you feel weird or sick, use them whenever you need them. They may help you be more comfortable so you can get some rest.

I hope you recover quickly -- and be sure to follow the doctor's orders to the letter when you get home!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I missed something....why are you getting nursing care?

Yes, meds, they are silly little things. They don't help, if you don't take them. :D (duck and run)

Pain is much easier to manage if you keep a constant blood level instead of going up and down. Many times, people need less meds, if they maintain their levels instead waiting until they are really hurting. Listen to you nurses....take care of youself.

Here are some prayers and happy thoughts for you. :grouphug::grouphug:

PS....what is your avatar? I can't figure it out.

I am sorry but I just don't understand how you are going to care for so many special needs kids after such a major surgery. I am shocked that the agency is going ahead with this!

I wish you the best.

If I were you, I would take those meds and rest comfortably while you can.

With your dd with the worst behaviors, be VERY careful. She may take advantage of your pain and weakness and try to take advantage of that. When I sprained my ankle, dd twisted it.:glare: i was resting in the recliner and it happened so fast I couldn't stop her. I was in the ER the next day when my ankle swelled up like a balloon.

:grouphug:

I agree that you need to use as much medicine as it takes to stay comfortable. There are a lot of studies that show that pain causes certain chemicals in the body to rise, which slows healing and increases inflammation. You will heal faster if you keep the pain under control. And small amounts regularly will work better than letting the pain sneak up on you.

Rest, and you will feel better tomorrow!

Used more medication and am really doing fine this morning. Coughing hurts and changing positions is uncomfy. Walking was fine though. Cool.

So glad to hear you're feeling better. :grouphug: Do as little as you can - let your family help you. Enjoy your newest little ones!!! :)

Hi y'all.

I came home about 9am. My daughter ran and got my medication. I slept most of the day (outside a million phone calls and potty trips).

I'm *really* grumpy. And I feel I have a ton to do. But I'm not going to do it. They said that one of the big issues is that people feel SO good that they do too much and then set themselves back, sometimes threefold. So I'm not doing barely anything between now and Monday. Sit around a be a bum. I deserve it and it'll be better for all of us in the long run.

The new three are....well, we don't know. Now they are saying Monday. Basically, the kids were removed from parents in July and have been with the aunt and uncle. There was some issue there so they needed a home for them, but the relatives are fighting it.

It almost feels like false labor. We're ready for them. They each have a container with their brush on their door. I have a tooth-brush chart up for each. Each have a bed up and ready for them. We have toothbrushes. We know where we're going if they need clothes. I have ECI set up for the baby and an appointment for shots for the middle one. I have rules/schedules/inventory sheets made out for each. But no kids. Weird.

But I'm really glad that they are waiting. I just would have a hard time NOT doing too much. I felt guilty sleeping after my little three were home today. I would have forced myself to get up if the other three were here.

Anyway, I keep telling myself that everything doesn't need to be done NOW. I'm thinking medicine and the boards and some more shut-eye is in order :)

Edited by 2J5M9K