Menu

If you have things you'd like to give away for FREE, post them here!

I've got more but for now

Writing Strands 3Gone

Multiplication Made EasyGone

Abeka Reader-Liberty TreeGone

A Long Way From Chicago-peck

Top Notch Teacher Tips Across the Curriculum

BJU 5th grade Math

BJU 4th grade science book

BJU 5th grade science book and tests

If the BJU 5th grade math and science are still available, I am interested; will PM you....

~coffee~

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been given a huge lot of older high school books on a wide variety of topics including agriscience, horticulture, geology, accounting, ecology, economics, and oceanography. Some of the books are a bit musty and I do have both a dog and cats in my home, but we don't smoke and none of the books have a smoke odor to them. If anyone is interested let me know which category you want to know more about and I can send you the specific titles and ISBNs.

I was also given a huge lot of elementary age learning software that needs to run on Windows 95. I know Windows 7 has that backward compatibility mode but it doesn't work with these. If anyone has an older computer and is interested I can list out those titles also.

Please PM me with any inquiries.

I've been given a huge lot of older high school books on a wide variety of topics including agriscience, horticulture, geology, accounting, ecology, economics, and oceanography. Some of the books are a bit musty and I do have both a dog and cats in my home, but we don't smoke and none of the books have a smoke odor to them. If anyone is interested let me know which category you want to know more about and I can send you the specific titles and ISBNs.

I was also given a huge lot of elementary age learning software that needs to run on Windows 95. I know Windows 7 has that backward compatibility mode but it doesn't work with these. If anyone has an older computer and is interested I can list out those titles also.

PM'd you.

Pm'd you :D

Pm'd you about the software

An extremely nice pair of lighteight wool, completely lined, Liz Claiborne dress slacks. They are in excellent condition. The legs are very long so they may need to be hemmed. These are dry clean only. - Still available, very nice, professional slacks. It breaks my heart that they don't fit me.

Black, Old Navy, High Rise, size 6 pencil skirt. Falls slightly above knees. Still has new tags no it - TAKEN

Victoria's Secret, Black satin, multi-way, push up bra. Comes complete with all of the different straps. Size 38B and has never been worn. - TAKEN

Will go through book shelves later this week. - Still going to do this but I have the flu this week and just sitting up in bed to type this is killing me.

Edited by KidsHappen

I have a Sonlight 3 language arts curriculum. I looked through quick and I don't think that any of the student pages are written in. I did see a little underlining in the guide.

gone

I also have:

Favorite Poems Old and New (Ferris) gone

Stories and Poems for Extremely Intelligent Children gone

Adventures With Atoms and Molecules II and III gone

4th Grade Writing by Kelley Wingate Publications

Sonlight Core (Intro to American History) it is the older version of what is now Core D...copyright 1999 gone

That didn't take long :)

Edited by KellyGirl

These are still available

Writing Strands 3Gone

Multiplication Made EasyGone

Abeka Reader-Liberty TreeGone

A Long Way From Chicago-peck

Top Notch Teacher Tips Across the Curriculum

BJU 5th grade Mathpending

BJU 4th grade science book

BJU 5th grade science book and testspending

Scott Foresman Exploring Mathematics 4 copyright 1991

LifePac Science 4 - gone

I have a Sonlight 3 language arts curriculum. I looked through quick and I don't think that any of the student pages are written in. I did see a little underlining in the guide.

I also have:

Favorite Poems Old and New (Ferris)

Stories and Poems for Extremely Intelligent Children

Adventures With Atoms and Molecules II and III

4th Grade Writing by Kelley Wingate Publications

Sonlight Core (Intro to American History) it is the older version of what is now Core D...copyright 1999

pm'd you

Free for shipping:

*SPOKEN FOR* Alpha Omega Lifepac Science, Grade 4, Booklets 2-10 plus answer keys, test keys, and teacher booklets. Booklet 2 worked through page 8.

Spectrum Writing Grade 1, starting at lesson 3.

Evan-Moor Nonfiction Reading Grade 1, two topics done in pencil, pencil drawing on a few other pages.

Jump Right Into Reading, starting at lesson 12, crayon drawing on last page and two “g” pages colored.

*SPOKEN FOR* Handwriting Without Tears Pre-K Teacher’s Guide, 2003. Crayon on cover.

Evan-Moor Homes Near and Far, A Complete Thematic Unit w/2-sided full color poster.

Edited by LittleIzumi

1st big batch up. I am asking you pay shipping if you can, as funds are tight for us and I can't cover shipping right now. Please PM me if interested in any of these.

MCP Math Teacher's Editions 1994 editions not the new 2005 ones. Spiral bound, all in good condition with some cover issues. I have levels A, C, D, E & F.

Abeka 5 Old World History & Geography Maps and Activities. Has writing in pen and pencil in about half of the book.

Abeka 7 History of the World Quiz Key second edition, 1995 copyright.

Abeka 9 Science of the Physical Creation test key 1996 copyright. Has some water damage to back half but does not affect use.

Grade 6 Pathways Working with Words TE Like new others than smelling STRONGLY of smoke. Got this from PBS and we ended up with 2 copies of it. I can tell you how to get the smoke smell out.

Palmer Method Grade 2 Manuscript Handwriting - Has penciled writing on the 1st 15 pages or so. Got this in a box from the Book Samaritan and can't use it.

Sadlier Sacrament Program 1st Eucharist and 1st Reconciliation. Brand new with all punchouts in back.

Our Catholic Faith - looks like upper elementary text by Sadlier

Blest Are We Faith and Word Edition parish version. Looks like maybe 6th grade? Some penciled writing here and there

Blest Are We The Story of Jesus Parish program Some penciled writing here and there

Jesus Give Us Life A Middle Grade Catechesis for 1st Eucharist. Penciled Writing, cover damage.

Confirming Faith Candidate Book - penciled writing

The Story of the Church Revised and Expanded - like new

Sadlier Faith and Witness New Testament - middle school level

My Very Own Christmas Prayer Book

The Holy Bible Wholly: Crosswords Wordfinds Quizzes and More

Jesus Brings Us Life 1st Penance 1st Eucharist text and activity book. Penciled writing throughout

Gateways to Correct Spelling Revised Worktext. Designed for students above elementary age. Yellowed from age, but new otherwise.

Language Exercise Red Book. Older worktext. Looks like for older students - High school or adults

St. Mary's Messenger Catholic Kids Magazine Advent / Christmas 2010

Blessings And Prayers by Judy Jarrett

Making Things Right The Sacrament of Reconciliation - some pencil marks

I'll be posting more later on today hopefully.

I also have Considering God's Creation, also for postage. I have the TM and the kid book--I think two of the bird pages have been used, and maybe one or two other pages. It's still good for lapbooking or just using. It comes with a CD of songs, too. Gone to Steph.

Edited by Chris in VA
SL sci gone. CGC gone

I have the following books to give away if you will pay the postage:

A Rulebook for Arguments by Anthony Weston, 3rd edition. Spoken for

These Dover coloring books which are like new condition: Spoken for

Tom Sawyer

Treasure Island

Life in Ancient Greece

Christian Kids Explore Biology (the first 39 pages have been worked in pencil; there are about 300 pages in all)Spoken for

From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya by Ruth A. Tucker

Edited by Kathleen in VA

I've sent out one package, and I'm still going through things, but I thought I'd post my wanteds :)

1. I could use summer/spring girls clothing size 5/6 - slim or leggings even better :) (she's my skinny minny)

2. A pocket calendar

I really struggled with curriculum needs for next year, so I think I'm going to list what I'm thinking we'll use and then go from there - I don't have any parts of any of these:

Horizons K Math

ETC

HWOT (Kindergarten)

Expedition Earth or Beginning Geography (Evan Moor) - RECEIVED, thank you!

AAS (again, starting from the beginning)

Elemental Science or Stepping Into Science

Positive Action for Christ

Edited by k2bdeutmeyer

I've sent out one package, and I'm still going through things, but I thought I'd post my wanteds :)

1. I could use summer/spring girls clothing size 5/6 - slim or leggings even better :) (she's my skinny minny)

I have a tiny one too and I just gave away a bunch of ^^ !

I'm going to look and see if I have more. I'll PM you in an hour or so.

2. A pocket calendar

I really struggled with curriculum needs for next year, so I think I'm going to list what I'm thinking we'll use and then go from there - I don't have any parts of any of these:

Horizons K Math

ETC

HWOT (starting from the beginning for my kindergartener)

Expedition Earth or Beginning Geography (Evan Moor)

AAS (again, starting from the beginning)

Elemental Science or Stepping Into Science

Positive Action for Christ

I PM'd you about HWT.

Jeez - I have a huge preschooler tool set with bench and a PLAN wooden dollhouse I'd love to get rid of. Both would be hard to ship though. If you live in twin cities, MN (I'm in the city centrally located) and are interested PM me.

I am in twin cities. If you still have them, I would take both. :)

Here's some stuff I don't think I'll ever use.

- Rod & Staff English 5 - TAKEN

- Rod & Staff English 6 - TAKEN

- Miquon Lab Sheet Annotations

If you don't mind, I'll throw in a lot of Miquon worksheets with the Annotations book. I had taken apart all but the first book and rearranged it and stapled it back together, so it's weird, as well as slightly incomplete, but not more than twenty pages have been used. And hey, it's free.

Free for shipping. Will take me about a week to ship it, too. Email me! That's important. I won't see a response here or a PM.

Edited by dragons in the flower bed

I also have Considering God's Creation, also for postage. I have the TM and the kid book--I think two of the bird pages have been used, and maybe one or two other pages. It's still good for lapbooking or just using. It comes with a CD of songs, too.

PM me, first come, first served.

I tried to PM you about this, but your box is full!

Thanks,

I have some things that didn't move on the FS board, so I'll let them go here. You can pay shipping and I will send them now, or if you can wait until the 15th, I can ship for free. :)

ABeka Letters and Sounds 1 Test Key--In good shape, slight stain on upper right corner of some pages and a few stray pencil marks.

Abeka Phonics and Reading 1 Curriculum/Lesson Plans TM---I bought this one from a friend. She had removed the binding, three hole punched the manual and placed it in a 3 ring binder. She had also added tabs to separated the separate subjects within the manual, but this is still in good shape and is perfectly usable! A few check marks and highlights here and there throughout the book

BJU Spelling 2 TM--this is in great used condition. I purchased it and then decided not to use it.

BJU Spelling 1 TM--this is in excellent condition. Barely looks like it has been used.

Abeka A Handbook for Reading, 2nd Edition---I found this in a bargain bin at a local used book store. It is an older edition and has obviously been used and has a small circular stain on the first few pages, but the integrity of the book is fine and it still has plenty of years left of use out of it

CLE Social Studies LU 201--this was in a bargain bin because it was a second, but it is in good shape with only a few stray marks throughout and one picture colored on one page.

ALL SPOKEN FOR! :) That was fast!

Edited by Dustybug

Here's some stuff I don't think I'll ever use.

- Rod & Staff English 5

- Rod & Staff English 6

- Miquon Lab Sheet Annotations

If you don't mind, I'll throw in a lot of Miquon worksheets with the Annotations book. I had taken apart all but the first book and rearranged it and stapled it back together, so it's weird, as well as slightly incomplete, but not more than twenty pages have been used. And hey, it's free.

Free for shipping. Will take me about a week to ship it, too. Email me! That's important. I won't see a response here or a PM.

emailed you.:)

I am also looking for HWOT kindergarten or Pre-K, the mats, slate, wooden pieces ect...it is the program dd's OT recommends for her.

I have HWOT Get Set for School Workbook, Pre-K Teacher's Guide, Kindergarten Teacher's Guide, and Printing Teacher's Guide for Grade 1 and 2 if you want it. You can either pay shipping now, or wait until the 15th and I'll send it to you for free. :)

ISO:

Singapore 1B HIG for U.S. edition

American Girl books (my daughter wants to collect them all). We still need all of the Rebecca, Julie, and Kaya books, #2-6 in the Kit and Molly series, #3-6 in the Marie Grace and Cecile series, and #5 in the Addy series.

For shipping.

I Can Read It!- old SL version all in one book, heavily taped GONE

Teaching with God's Heart for the World- both volumes, one has the cover torn a bit but I never actually used the curriculum.

Edited by DawnM

GONE

I have HWT Get Set For School. It's the Pre-K one. I also have the Teacher's Guide for it. I marked a few things in it with pencil lightly and put sticky tabs on some pages to find them quickly. The student book is brand new.

Edited by nertsmommy

Okay here is my list for what we're looking for:

Climbing to Good English 3 or higher

MCP Math C or higher

Rod & Staff Spelling 3 or higher

Pathways Readers and workbooks

Behold and See 2 Science from CHC - even worked in with pencil would be okay

Books about continents for global study - especially ones about the cultures of each continents and foods.

Easy Grammar 3 or higher

Sonlight Core B, B+C, or C IG - even older editions okay

Girl Scout Brownie or higher books or uniforms

Edited by frugalmama

Updated list of what I have:

Hoopnotica DVD

Tracy Mallett Lose the Belly Flab DVD

SM Primary Math 2A HIG US Edition NOT Standards

Bon Voyage French TM (heavy hb)

Laptop Lunch User Guide with recipes

2-OLD French books-small. I will have to look up their exact names.

A very old library copy of Augustus Caesar's World (I found this on sale right after I was gifted one!)

A zip lock baggie of tree branch counter thingies. Not a big bag, but it was used for a Waldorfy kindergarten.

2 white Econobum covers for cloth diapers. Good condition, I will have to check for staining, but we switched to FBs. :)

French Women Don't Get Fat and French Woman For All Seasons (heavy hb)

I also have a wonderful breastpump (manual-Medela Harmony, you will need replacement silicone pieces ~$3 to make it sterile) and a freezer breastmik organizer.

ISO: Sonlight Core 4/5, B, H books, dissecting materials and science supplies

Gooney Bird Greene

A Fly Went By

A Big Ball of String

The Best Trick

The Bravest Dog Ever

The Great Wall of China

Beyond the Desert Gate

I Can Read It books

Core H sticker sheets to put on books

I have Explode the Code books 6, 7 and 8 in new condition.

Looking for (old is okay) Sonlight IG for Core 6 and 7 or 6/7. I really just want the study guides for the read-alouds and any history related readers.

ETC books spoken for! :001_smile:

Edited by darlasowders

Okay here is my list for what we're looking for:

Climbing to Good English 3 or higher

MCP Math C or higher

Rod & Staff Spelling 3 or higher

Pathways Readers and workbooks

Behold and See 2 Science from CHC - even worked in with pencil would be okay

Books about continents for global study - especially ones about the cultures of each continents and foods.

Easy Grammar 3 or higher

Sonlight Core B, B+C, or C IG - even older editions okay

Girl Scout Brownie or higher books or uniforms

PM me about the Rod & Staff. Btw, I PMed you about baseball a few days ago and haven't heard back. You don't have me on ignore, do you? :D

We'll be out a lot today, so I'll get back to you ASAP but it might be later this weekend.

Ah, this thread gives me the warm fuzzies. :)

:iagree: :iagree:I've now sent out three packages and I'm expecting one. I'm so glad we were finally able to "do" this thread. Thanks, Bethany!

I am looking for a TM to Serl's Primary Language Lessons for my dd next year, as well as any "how-to" books for the computer programs Google Sketchup and Alice.

I have a couple of other things to give away, but I can't afford to ship any more this month. If you don't mind waiting a few weeks, I have a Math in Focus 3A student text book(ETA: spoken for) and a Singapore 1B Std. Ed. Tests book.

Edited by Element

I found a few more and I will have more next week:)

My Side of the Mountain--Jean George--older--good cond.---Spoken for

the Jungle Books--Rudyard Kipling--older--good cond.---Spoken for

The Door in the Wall--Marguerite de Angeli--ex. lib---Spoken for

The Wind in the Willows--Kenneth Grahame--very good cond.---Spoken for

Honey for a Child's Heart--3rd edition--OK cond.---Spoken for

Seasons of a Mother's Heart--this has some writing and underlining

Almost forgot---Journey Through Grammar Land 1 and 2--Spoken for

Books we are looking for or would love to get:

These are by--Betsy Maestro

Struggle for a Continent

Liberty or Death

A New Nation: The United States 1783-1815

Also:

A Charlotte Mason Education--Levison

Last Child in the Woods--Richard Louv---Maybe found :)

Any of the Original CM Writings except #4 Ourselves--we have that one:)

Beyond Survival--Diana Waring

Writing with Power--Peter Elbow

Janice VanCleave--we have Biology and Chem. would love any others--My kids are almost 5-14(5 of them) so any of them would be good for somebody:)

Edited by kidsnbooks8
forgot Grammar Land!