Menu

Phew! 35,856 unread emails....

were finally cleared out of my inbox! :lol: :lol: It took me all week and lots of clicking (I could only delete 25 at a time :001_huh:), but I did it. I just now deleted the last ones! The date of the oldest being from November 14, 2008! And now got the glorious message, "there are no emails in your inbox folder" :party: :hurray:

So how many unread emails are sitting in your inbox right now??? Thought it would be fun to hear how many are hibernating and breeding in ya'll's inbox (is ya'll's even a word?:001_huh:) I wonder if anyone had more than me. :D hehehe

So let's hear what ya'll have got!:bigear:

If you don't want to state it here publicly then you can send it to me in an email. Maybe I'll get around to it in another 4 years! hehehehe

Edited by Ibbygirl

Aw man, I don't know... maybe around 1000? My problem is I save some in case I want to use the great information or the deal, but then it goes out of my sight and I never think of it again. And clearing it when it's this big is a job and a half. Well, you know that. ;)

hehehehe I know. That's what happens to me. That and I sign up for EVERYTHING hoping to get coupon codes to save me money because I shop online for a lot of things so I get all of those emails, plus FB notices from people posting or replying to a post or putting up a picture they sure add up. :lol:

I don't have any unread, but I never clear out my inbox. Too many times I've needed to reference an old email, so I delete the sales pitches and spam, but I keep all the personal stuff.

Do you sort them into other folders?? I created a folder for the ones that I still wanted to keep and read later (maybe :lol:) of personal ones that I wanted to hold onto and I just moved those there and deleted the rest that were mostly emails from companies or things that were forwarded etc.

Wow, and I thought my 9,257 was bad! I think I clean out maybe once a year.

I don't think anyone is as bad as me. I'm going to put on the cone of shame and sit in the corner. :lol:

ETA: DD insists on my telling you "it's over 9,000" She says "it's a meme." :)

:iagree:, except I only have 14. Most of those have actually been read, and then marked unread.

I can't even imagine getting over 35,000 email!

Well, it was over a span of 4 years! hehehe :lol: And I used to teach a group on teenage girls at church and they are all my FB friends. Just a week or two ago I had over 100 notifications from FB that one of my girls had added pictures of herself. :lol:

Do you sort them into other folders?? I created a folder for the ones that I still wanted to keep and read later (maybe :lol:) of personal ones that I wanted to hold onto and I just moved those there and deleted the rest that were mostly emails from companies or things that were forwarded etc.

I'm too lazy, lol. If I were more on top of things I definitely would. :001_smile:

I did that last week (it's FIRST build season, so I spend a lot of time sitting around in a metal shop entertaining myself right now, as evidenced by my frequent posts here. :D)

I made new folders and sorted everything to keep into them. Then I answered or handled anything that needed attention. Then I deleted the rest.

It took me seven hours. It felt SO good.

My tip: it's easier to deal with a backlog if you sort by sender.

I did that last week (it's FIRST build season, so I spend a lot of time sitting around in a metal shop entertaining myself right now, as evidenced by my frequent posts here. :D)

I made new folders and sorted everything to keep into them. Then I answered or handled anything that needed attention. Then I deleted the rest.

It took me seven hours. It felt SO good.

My tip: it's easier to deal with a backlog if you sort by sender.

It really does feel good to have it under control. :) My dh told me I should sort by sender too, but I had so many senders.... lol But it's all clear now so I just have to keep clearing it out to keep on top of it. :)

Unread? None. I'm feeling most unpopular.

hehehehehe What's your email address?? I'll write you. :) hehehe

My yahoo has 10,863. I've used it to sign up for things, and then I forget to go over and look at it...ugh. I feel better knowing that I'm not alone!

I actually have a separate yahoo for groups...and I'm scared to look at that one...(going now). Okay, it has 9,315.

And now, to prove I'm insane...I have two google accounts. One is supposed to be for general email. Athough, I've started using it for some sign-up stuff, because everything is getting lost in the yahoo one! :lol:

It has 17,308.

And then there is my google that I use for homeschool correspondence...It's a baby compared to the other ones, with only 51.

So, the grand total all together is 37,537. I need an intervention...

My yahoo has 10,863. I've used it to sign up for things, and then I forget to go over and look at it...ugh. I feel better knowing that I'm not alone!

I actually have a separate yahoo for groups...and I'm scared to look at that one...(going now). Okay, it has 9,315.

And now, to prove I'm insane...I have two google accounts. One is supposed to be for general email. Athough, I've started using it for some sign-up stuff, because everything is getting lost in the yahoo one! :lol:

It has 17,308.

And then there is my google that I use for homeschool correspondence...It's a baby compared to the other ones, with only 51.

:lol::lol::lol: Yay! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Gosh the 35,586 that I had were just in my Yahoo. I have no idea what my gmail and hotmail have. Now I'm scared. hehehehehe I'm not even going to look. Not for at least a week. I want to savor the victory of having cleaned out "the monster"! :D :D :hurray: hehehe

:iagree:

I have about 8,000. For one of my e-mail accounts. And about 10,000 in the other.

Clutter and I get along great! Unfortunately. :D:D

hehehehe I hear ya. I really try to declutter, but sometimes I can't do it right then and there and I SWEAR that stuff multiplies in the interim. It reminds me of the old Star Trek episode with the Tribbles. :p

My children make fun of me, but so far that hasn't been motivation to clean them out.

(Well, I did clean them out 2 years ago, but no motivation recently.)

They're not hurting anyone, really, they just sit there.

hehehehehe And they have friends and lots of company. Why disturb them. :p hehe

:lol::lol::lol: Yay! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Gosh the 35,586 that I had were just in my Yahoo. I have no idea what my gmail and hotmail have. Now I'm scared. hehehehehe I'm not even going to look. Not for at least a week. I want to savor the victory of having cleaned out "the monster"! :D :D :hurray: hehehe

You've motivated me! I'm going to tackle that old yahoo...tomorrow :D. Right now, I just want to enjoy my nutella (that I shouldn't be eating at this hour...) and read.

My children make fun of me, but so far that hasn't been motivation to clean them out.

(Well, I did clean them out 2 years ago, but no motivation recently.)

They're not hurting anyone, really, they just sit there.

Besides, who knows if you might need one of them someday!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You've motivated me! I'm going to tackle that old yahoo...tomorrow :D. Right now, I just want to enjoy my nutella (that I shouldn't be eating at this hour...) and read.

hehehehe I'm so glad. I was just eating snickers minis and it's just shy of 1am. :leaving: :p hehe

Besides, who knows if you might need one of them someday!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

LOL :lol:

I *just* did this last week. I am down to 250 or so. It was over 3000. That 25-at-a-time-delete-process is a PITB.

Yes it is. I was getting cross eyed after a couple of hours. :001_huh: That's why I spread it out over the week, that and I had other things to do like live my life. :p

You all need to get a mac!

I just deleted 90 with one fell swoop, I sorted by from.

(Disclaimer...we do own some Apple stock...) :lol::lol::lol:

(Although you don't see the ease of deletion making me any more likely to actually go delete them.)

:lol::lol::lol:

I had no idea we were supposed to total up all our email accounts. :D I didn't even look in my yahoo mail because I rarely use it. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one with a ton of unread emails.

Woo! You have even more that I did! :hurray: Come on over to my corner, there is cake! :) :party: :party: hehehehe

That would be great. Why don't you send me an email?:lol:

I had no idea we were supposed to total up all our email accounts. :D I didn't even look in my yahoo mail because I rarely use it. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one with a ton of unread emails.

There's no "supposed to" really. :) My 35,856 were only from my Yahoo mail account. I have NO IDEA what is in my gmail and hotmail. I'm not looking! Not for a week! :p If you want to total them all, fine, if you want to list the unread in just one, that's fine too. Whatever floats your boat. :p

That would be great. Why don't you send me an email?:lol:

Sure! I'll send you and Evite for cake! :D hehehe

If you want to total them all, fine, if you want to list the unread in just one, that's fine too. Whatever floats your boat. :p QUOTE]

I am not going to total them or even think about it. Too embarrassing. LOL

LOL Then what are you doing here participating in this thread?? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm just teasing you. You're welcome to post here whether you participate or not. It's an informal/silly survey anyway. Nothing scientific. :p

Ok, for the sake of transparency:D, I have 37,110 in hotmail and 15786 in yahoo for a grand total of 52,896. I probably need therapy or something. Is there a virtual "Hoarders" therapist I could call?

Joy

hehehehe Those are all unread? Or unread ones mixed in with others that you've read and held on to? :p For the sake of transparency I peeked at my hotmail and gmail too. My hotmail has 1,394 unread messages and my gmail has 281 (it's a newer email because believe it or not Yahoo wasn't giving me all of my emails. :lol: )

And those I'm getting ready to delete right now. To be fair, though, I do have 68 other emails that I have read but haven't sorted into folders yet. I save all of my personal correspondence and online purchase information in other folders.

So, are all of these emails personal emails?? Or junk mail, too?

And those I'm getting ready to delete right now. To be fair, though, I do have 68 other emails that I have read but haven't sorted into folders yet. I save all of my personal correspondence and online purchase information in other folders.

So, are all of these emails personal emails?? Or junk mail, too?

In my case they were mostly notifications from FB, junk emails, some spam, notifications of new blog posts, newsletters, sales offers from places I shop onlin AND some personal emails. I have a SIL that's a shutterbug and she sends me pictures constantly. I had tons from her. Those I sorted into another folder to look at later since I was on a mission to clear out my inbox which HEY has 4 unread messages in my inbox now! Off to delete! :D :p

432. I try to stay on top of it because I belong to about 20+ Yahoo Groups and receive lots of mail daily. I don't read all that I delete from them...just scan for topics I'm interested in. Otherwise, their gone, gone, gone. My basement, however, is a whole other animal! :blushing:

Hey! This is my 1001th post and it only took me 4 years to get there! :001_huh:

Geo

Edited by Geo

This is sad, here is my INBOX ONLY!!

92,159 increases by 300 everyday.

I belong to about 12 yahoo groups (most professional/educational) and yes, they come in digests, except two for my writing classes. I have had the same email for 12 years. I am a scout leader, I teach writing classes to 37 students, I teach horse lessons, I just have so many outlets where I can easily get 50-100 personal emails in a day on crazy weeks!

My sweet daughter offered to go through and start deleting them, I just wish yahoo had a DELETE ALL button! :(

OH! And there is a way at least with yahoo that you can change a screen button and you can delete 100 at a time, probably would have saved you some moments of aaagh!!