Menu

DS18 wants tea from around the world...

Any ideas on what I should get? Links would be appreciated! :001_smile:

Ok, serious reply. A well stocked grocery store may be all you need. My grocery store carries Irish breakfast tea, chai, Earl Grey, oolong, and African redbush. That's quite a selection right there for someone who is experimenting.

Rooibos is from Africa (aka African Red Tea). I think it is mostly from South Africa specifically?

It is a family fav. Naturally decaf, filled with antioxidants. TJs had an amazing one at one time (orange rooibos) but they no longer carry that particular one. I think they may have another rooibos though (maybe rooibos chai?).

My "tea lady" (local person I buy from) pronounces it like "roy bus."

I'll bet he does :D

That's where my mind went, as well... straight to the gutter. :D

I was thinking that he's quite the ambitious young man, wanting to learn all of the teA secrets from around the world. ;) I was also thinking that you were quite the incredibly progressive mom, if you were planning to encourage that sort of thing. :tongue_smilie:

And then I realized you were talking about the beverage.

Oops. :blush:

Turkish apple (elma) tea is Çok Güzel (very beautiful) and delicious!

I highly recommend it!

Also, just Turkish chai is fabulous.

It's all about the process, too. A double tea kettle and learning to make tea like the Turks is a great way to enjoy tea even more than you do already. I have developed a whole new appreciation for tea since I learned how to make it properly.

That's where my mind went, as well... straight to the gutter. :D

I was thinking that he's quite the ambitious young man, wanting to learn all of the teA secrets from around the world. ;) I was also thinking that you were quite the incredibly progressive mom, if you were planning to encourage that sort of thing. :tongue_smilie:

And then I realized you were talking about the beverage.

Oops. :blush:

At least I'm not the only gutter brain.:lol:

A good oolong, like Tung Ting

A Darjeeling first tips

An Assam

Puh Er (which I love)

A white tea

and, just for the name, the rather astringent Iron Goddess of Mercy.

Lapsang Souchong

Those are some of the "I'm glad I didn't miss" teas.

Man, I love tea, but it makes me desperately constipated.

Don't forget yerba mate teas. It is not made from the same type of leaf and is from South America. It has no caffeine, but it does have another similar stimulant. We get some interesting blends locally. They call their blends, brain brews and have yerba mate and dark chocolate in each of them as their base. They have a nice, full, pleasant flavor. It can be rebrewed a few times and still taste good, so it looks like it cost more, but you get quite a few cups out of it. http://www.teapots4u.com/site/625008/product/The%20Happy%20Box_ I linked to their brain brews, but you can look around the site for other mixes, too.

I'll bet he does :D

What a bunch of bad girls we have on this board! I didn't even think about that kind of tea. But, then agin, I was talking about my son! :D

Now, I am sure ds would love to experience all kinds of tea. But, for now, we will stick with the drinking kind. When he is in college next year he will likely experience the other kinds. Sigh.

So....

For the ladies who kindly responded with tea sites and options, I can't thank you enough! I am sorry you had to be subjected to the dirty minds of The Hive. :lol: