Menu

Bathroom Trash Can

Do you have a trash bag in the garbage can in the bathroom?

Whenever I am at my mil's I feel like I can't throw anything out in her bathroom because there is no bag and the can is sparkling clean. I end up walking through the house to the kitchen where I know there is a bag,

URGH! That is a pet peeve of mine. I decided long ago that I will always have an accessible-usable can in the bathroom. There is nothing worse than feeling like you have to hide women's products wrapped up in toilet paper in your pocket while searching the rest of the house for a place to discreetly dispose of it.

No bag, but it's not pristine, either. I sanitize it (it's metal) a few times a year but in between, it does get a funk. I'm funny, though... I always make sure there are a couple of items IN the trash can when people come to visit because I hate empty bathroom trash cans, too.

URGH! That is a pet peeve of mine. I decided long ago that I will always have an accessible-usable can in the bathroom. There is nothing worse than feeling like you have to hide women's products wrapped up in toilet paper in your pocket while searching the rest of the house for a place to discreetly dispose of it.

:iagree: Our bathroom trash cans have bags and this is one of the reasons.

In addition to sanitary items, we use baby wipes for #2 in our bathrooms and they can't be flushed so yes, we not only have trash bags but also use step-on lidded cans.

Because there's nothing worse than the dog pulling gross things out of the bathroom trash.

BTDT and learned my lesson!

Yes, my bathroom trashcan has a bag. For awhile it didn't and it got super gross. Poopy wipes go in there when we change the boys (cloth diapers, disposable wipes so the wipes aren't contained either), along with feminine products, etc. The bedroom trashcans are the only ones without bags, but they don't generally contain anything wet or gross. Usually just paper.

Yes, we keep a bag in all our trash cans.

Whenever I am at my mil's I feel like I can't throw anything out in her bathroom because there is no bag and the can is sparkling clean. I end up walking through the house to the kitchen where I know there is a bag,

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Obviously someone who doesn't have a trash can in their bathroom most likely never menstruates :glare:.

I am so glad I am not alone in this. I was beginning to think I was some kind of loon for always making sure there is a bag in my bathroom trashcan. I have a couple of friends who have perfect bathroom cans along with my mil. It seems so much easier to empty if there is a bag but if you keep it bagless people will feel weird using it and then I guess you never have to empty it.

I always make sure there are a couple of items IN the trash can when people come to visit because I hate empty bathroom trash cans, too.

So funny. I do the same thing. I will empty the can and immediately take a fresh kleenex, crumple it a little and toss it in.

:lol:

Yes, there is a trash can, but there is no bag in it. I don't want to waste a bag when I am just going to dump it into the big kitchen trash bag anyway. I don't see why anyone wouldn't feel comfortable throwing something in it, though. It's a trash can, so I think it's assumed it will get dirty. :D It's on the weekly chore list to wash it.

Yes, we have bags in all of our trash cans. I hate seeing a bathroom trash can w/o a bag, but I figure, shrug, their house, their rules. I standardized years ago on trash cans that have handles to hold plastic type Wal-Mart bags so I didn't have to buy liners. Perhaps now I will be flamed for not being green, but honestly, I cannot imagine using a trash can, ANY trash can, w/o a liner.

I just got new brown cans for the bathrooms. I don't put bags in them, but they are emptied each night when the kitchen trash goes out. When I clean the bathroom each week, I set the in the tub and spray Clorox clean-up in them and wash them out. They stay clean and everyone seems to use them. Also we don't allow our dog on the floor with the bedrooms/bathrooms....so no problems there.