Menu

Happy St. Nicholas day!

Well, my Kindle Fire should be here tomorrow . . . :D

St. Nicholas was thrifty this year! Each child received a bag of chocolate coins in one shoe and a small snow globe in the other. The are thrilled! :D

ETA the Kindle Fire is actually for everyone . . . I need to work on that "my" stuff . . .

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

I want to do this next year!

How do I explain this to my children? Do you tell them about Saint Nicholas and then just fill their shoes the night before? How does it all work?

I blogged this morning with links to the books and stories we read/listen to the day before to get ready.

You may want to pre-listen to the podcast because they do talk about Santa in a way that may or may not influence their belief. My ds5 didn't bat an eye though.

Our girls received a Playmobil angel, and the boys received a Playmobil St Nicholas. They all received candy. The kids put out their Christmas lists for St Nick.

We love St Nicholas day! It's the first feast day of Advent that we celebrate, so it always feels special. We read St Nick books the day before and make sure their Christmas lists are complete. Next year we are going to make St Nick cookies.

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

I blogged this morning with links to the books and stories we read/listen to the day before to get ready.

You may want to pre-listen to the podcast because they do talk about Santa in a way that may or may not influence their belief. My ds5 didn't bat an eye though.

I love the playmobile figures! Man, I wish I knew about them!

My kiddies got a earphones for the iPods (they seem to go through those frequently) and some chocolate. The boys got a Christmas mug from Starbucks (they like hot drinks) and my daughter a bracelet . . . Pandora bracelet knock off :).

Side note: we don't do stockings at Christmas.

Edited by Rose in BC

Only in my house would we have craziness!! I filled the kids' shoes before I went to bed. Apparently the cat knocked the shoes over and the dog ate the candy! I was able to save some of it but not a lot. The coloring books and grow your own crystals went over well though!

Lol! I put a blanket over the shoes last night because I knew that otherwise the dog would eat them. :D

Happy St. Nicholas' Day! The loot is still in hiding till daddy gets home. The three year old found a couple of items. He refused to play with the jump rope he found though...he thought it was a snake. The oldest boy re-hid the loot.

Today is DH's birthday also. German chocolate cake...

No "gold" coins here (couldn't find any that were dairy/gluten free/all natural), but there are mint chocolate "coins" and a bag of candy cane "pieces" awaiting the kids. :) Last night we read The Legend of Saint Nicholas by Demi as well as the story about him in the Loyola Kids Book of Saints. This morning we are going to read A Gift from Saint Nicholas.

No "gold" coins here (couldn't find any that were dairy/gluten free/all natural) ....

We needed vegan ones and bought these. Would they work for you? They are "kosher parve" which means no animal products.

(NOTE: If you're DON'T need vegan ones, shoo! LOL. They're hard to come by and I don't want you buying them all up! :D I've heard that the one manufacturer of vegan chocolate coins is not going to make them anymore, so shoo, shoo -- move along.)

Our girls received a Playmobil angel, and the boys received a Playmobil St Nicholas. They all received candy. The kids put out their Christmas lists for St Nick.

We love St Nicholas day! It's the first feast day of Advent that we celebrate, so it always feels special. We read St Nick books the day before and make sure their Christmas lists are complete. Next year we are going to make St Nick cookies.

DD got the Playmobil figures, two Christmas picture books, and a Ravensburger Christmas puzzle. She started on the puzzle immediately. :001_smile:

I love the playmobile figures! Man, I wish I knew about them!

I am so pleased with them! I especially liked that I only had to buy two packages since I could split the angel & St Nick figurines between my two girls and two boys.

My dd plans on swapping out St Nick's white hair for black hair to make a priest. :D

We needed vegan ones and bought these. Would they work for you? They are "kosher parve" which means no animal products.

(NOTE: If you're DON'T need vegan ones, shoo! LOL. They're hard to come by and I don't want you buying them all up! :D I've heard that the one manufacturer of vegan chocolate coins is not going to make them anymore, so shoo, shoo -- move along.)

I'll have to look at them ... I didn't think of looking for vegan chocolate; sometimes that will work and sometimes not depending on the other ingredients, but it's a good idea. :)

I found gold coins, but they *blush* didn't make it to today. They were hidden in my purse and became emergency rations when I had to go to the ER the other week.
:lol::lol::lol: