Menu

Do you serve dessert right after your TG meal or wait until later?

We wait. Of course, it is just our family, we don't travel on the holidays. So we can eat in our pj's whever we want and nibble on everything for the next two days. :001_smile:

Today we will have a formal dinner and wear real clothes. After that we lounge around in whatever we want and graze. Dessert will come out sometime in the evening.

This will sound weird but we usually don't have dessert. My kids don't eat pie and no matter what dessert I make, it usually just sits after dh and I have once serving, so I stopped making it. I think it has something to do with my dd's birthday being the 19th. It always falls just before T-day, so by the time we to the T-day meal we're kind of sick of desserts.

This will sound weird but we usually don't have dessert. My kids don't eat pie and no matter what dessert I make, it usually just sits after dh and I have once serving, so I stopped making it. I think it has something to do with my dd's birthday being the 19th. It always falls just before T-day, so by the time we to the T-day meal we're kind of sick of desserts.

In addition to pie, we're having a chocolate fountain this year. So many different dippers to choose from. Might they like something like that? It could be a simple fondue, doesn't have to be a fountain.

In addition to pie, we're having a chocolate fountain this year. So many different dippers to choose from. Might they like something like that? It could be a simple fondue, doesn't have to be a fountain.

Nope my kids are weird and the boys will only eat chocolate if it's a straight up hershey bar and my dd won't eat chocolate at all unless it's a cake. Even then she only eats the cake part, won't eat the frosting.

We do a pizza and pie night the wednesday before Thanksgiving. We started when I was young because my mom didn't want to cook dinner after dealing with getting ready for Thanksgiving and we are always so full on Thanksgiving day. Now we just have a token healthy item and then eat pie on Wednesday and then also a few hours after the dinner on Thursday.