Menu

Christians... pray for my family!!!

My husband and I were in a mind-control cult and we escaped in July and accepted Christ as our Lord. He shared the message of the bodily resurrection with his sister. This cult denies the bodily resurrection. This doctrine keeps people confused and away from Christ, reliant on their overseers. She accepted the bodily resurrection of Christ and the truth about the cult, told her husband. He started reading books that show that cult teachings are not biblical. His kids caught him reading and are threatening to move out and shun their parents if they renounce the teachings. It could still be okay... it is a knee jerk reaction for someone indoctrinated in cult beliefs, but please pray for them.

Amy and Eric are the parents. Ericka and Stephen are the children. Thank you.

Father, we trust that you work everything out for the good of those loving you. In the name of Jesus Christ we ask, please, give Ericka and Stephen eyes to see and ears to hear. Free them from the veil that is on their minds. As you have done for us, let them see the truth about your Son and be free from this religious oppression. Please give Amy and Eric your protection. Please Father do not let them continue to isolate themselves. We are all here wanting to help them. Give them wisdom and peace as they deal with this worry and show your love and truth to their children. Amen.

what is the bodily resurrection?

[QUOTE=Lovedtodeath;3349528]My husband and I were in a mind-control cult and we escaped in July and accepted Christ as our Lord. He shared the message of the bodily resurrection with his sister. This cult denies the bodily resurrection. This doctrine keeps people confused and away from Christ, reliant on their overseers. She accepted the bodily resurrection of Christ and the truth about the cult, told her husband. He started reading books that show that cult teachings are not biblical. His kids caught him reading and are threatening to move out and shun their parents if they renounce the teachings. It could still be okay... it is a knee jerk reaction for someone indoctrinated in cult beliefs, but please pray for them.

Amy and Eric are the parents. Ericka and Stephen are the children. Thank you.

Father, we trust that you work everything out for the good of those loving you. In the name of Jesus Christ we ask, please, give Ericka and Stephen eyes to see and ears to hear. Free them from the veil that is on their minds. As you have done for us, let them see the truth about your Son and be free from this religious oppression. Please give Amy and Eric your protection. Please Father do not let them continue to isolate themselves. We are all here wanting to help them. Give them wisdom and peace as they deal with this worry and show your love and truth to their children. Amen.

Scarlett, this cult says that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body he died in. Instead, it says that He rose as a spirit creature and that the material body of Jesus was taken away by God the Father. Therefore, they deny the physical resurrection of Christ. Is this important? Most definitely!

1 Cor. 15:14 says, "If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain." In other words, if Jesus did not rise from the dead, then Christianity is a waste of time and we are then still dead in our sins. It is obvious that the doctrine of the resurrection of Jesus is a vital and essential element of Christianity.

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It is obvious from Jesus' own words in John 2:19-21 that He would raise Himself from the dead:

"Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20The Jews therefore said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?" 21But He was speaking of the temple of His body."

After His resurrection Jesus said, "Touch me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have" (Luke 24:39).

Jesus rose from the dead in the same body He died in. Also, at His ascension people watched Him rise to be with the Father. They saw His body ascend. That is why it can be said that Jesus, the man, is the mediator between God and man (1 Tim. 2:5). It isn't an angel or a spirit creature that is the mediator. It is Jesus the man.

This is important because Christ is also "coming in the flesh". 2 John 1:7 and "every eye will see him" Revelation 1:7

If we don't know this, it could cause us to be deceived:

Matthew 24: 23 “Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. 25 See, I have warned you about this ahead of time. 26 “So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is in the temple,’ don’t believe it! 27 For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man[e] comes.

Edited by Lovedtodeath