Menu

Favorite Christmas music albums--my collection's pretty thin

I bet nobody else has this one . . . Christmas on the Ponderosa (at least I think that's what it's called!) It was an album I grew up with made by the actors who played in the TV show Bonanza - Pa, Adam, Hoss, and Little Joe!

I also like Christmas with the Muppets and John Denver.

How about Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers Christmas album?

For the modern stuff, I also like Josh Grobin's Noel cd.

I have it now. :D After reading your post I hopped over to amazon and bought it - $6.99! I love those Cartwright men!

Also wanted to add The Carpenter's Christmas Album - as a kid my family listened to that one a lot.

Edited by Mothersweets

Nutcracker Suite

GRP Christmas Collection (modern jazz artists like Chick Corea, Dave Grusin)

a compilation I made years ago of acapella choral Christmas music - renaissance style - it might be from the Kings College Chapel choir.

George Winston December

David Benoit - Christmastime

Amy Grant - her first Christmas album, can't remember name

Vince Geraldi Trio - the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack

Oh my goodness. One of our family's favorites is called "Alfred Nargo: Christmas Songs In English." My husband bought it when he was 19 from a Navajo man who was selling it out of his trunk at a flea market. This poor man doesn't sing on key, he has no sense of timing (often coming in early and holding notes for awkwardly long periods of time) and his accompaniment sounds like it came pre-recorded on a $60 keyboard. It is seriously amazing and we laugh so hard. We always listen to it while we put up the tree. Here's a link to it on Grooveshark in case you're curious and want to hear a sample. When asked, my husband said his favorite was "We Three Kings maybe? It is like asking me to pick my favorite child."

OMGosh :lol::lol::lol: Thank you for posting this. I so needed a good laugh today

Nutcracker Suite

GRP Christmas Collection (modern jazz artists like Chick Corea, Dave Grusin)

a compilation I made years ago of acapella choral Christmas music - renaissance style - it might be from the Kings College Chapel choir.

George Winston December

David Benoit - Christmastime

Amy Grant - her first Christmas album, can't remember name

Vince Geraldi Trio - the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack

That's it! I was just trying to remember the title of it. This is a really good one too.

Burl Ives' Holly Jolly Christmas

Dino Kartsanakis' Christmas, a Time for Peace

harp or pan pipes instrumentals

anything by Mannheim Steamroller

There are more, but I can't think of them right now. EK is having a sleepover with 6 other girls between the ages of 15 & 18, and they're watching the sing-along version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast and singing along loudly right in the same room with me. Haha!

Edited by ereks mom

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra has several Christmas albums. They are a nice change.

Rosie O'Donnell has done a couple albums of popular artists covering Christmas tunes. I like "Another Rosie Christmas" the best but it is a little dated (late 90s). "A Very Special Christmas" is another compilation of covers that looks quite good.

If you like Glee, they have a Christmas album.

Oh my goodness. One of our family's favorites is called "Alfred Nargo: Christmas Songs In English." My husband bought it when he was 19 from a Navajo man who was selling it out of his trunk at a flea market. This poor man doesn't sing on key, he has no sense of timing (often coming in early and holding notes for awkwardly long periods of time) and his accompaniment sounds like it came pre-recorded on a $60 keyboard. It is seriously amazing and we laugh so hard. We always listen to it while we put up the tree. Here's a link to it on Grooveshark in case you're curious and want to hear a sample. When asked, my husband said his favorite was "We Three Kings maybe? It is like asking me to pick my favorite child."

:smilielol5: My poor dd just got out of bed asking why I keep snorting - I must have this.:thumbup:

Oh yeah - We Three Kings is the BEST!

Edited by Susan in TN

• 4 weeks later...